How long does it take you?

Hi i've been a tinter for a long time now and pride myself on quality.

All of the customers of my employer are very happy with the work we do.......but,  my boss is all about the speed!

I am very curious to know how long it takes you to do a job that you are happy with.

So, for example, a land rover discovery 4 (new shape) B post back.........how long on average (providing conditions are adequate) does it take you (1 man on the job only) to do???

I am very eager to hear your comments.

Thank yooooooooooooo

Every tinter I know goes on about speed? Surely it's about quality than speed and I take as long as it takes as long as the jobs done right, goes out the door perfect and more importantly; the customer is happy.

4x4 - depends on the day like they mentioned above, what type of vehicle, whether your hounded with phone calls, customer walk in's etc etc - all plays apart in how long a job takes.

I normally say to a customer 3 - 4 hours. Normally takes less than that but you have time to redo a window if your not happy with it, answer phone calls etc.

If you say 2 hours, the customer expects it to be 2 hours, you haven't time for error and if your not happy with something, you don't have time to change it and you let it out the door - that's when your work goes down hill & gets sloppy.

Plus if you take longer than the 2 hours you stated the customer gets agitated, hangs around the shop putting pressure on you and speeds off the minute you finish; not good in my books.

If it takes less than 3 hours the customer is happy with both the time and quality - win win.

You are the professional and most customers will accept what you say and are happy your taking extra time to get it perfect for them.

Just remember - Speed or Quality  :hump   I know what my wife would prefer  :lol2

it was on a friday morning. 

I think my speed is about average, but i make sure the job looks as good as possible before it goes out - sometimes that means spending a bit longer.

On this occasion it was a discovery 4, b post back and it was out on site - although the conditions were not too bad.

If you had no disruptions (and purely on average) how long would this car take you?

I will tell you how long it actually took me later.

Cheers everyone

My mate can do an audi Q7 in 1hour 10mins and I watched him in awe.That includes stripping the boot spoiler & door panels and replacing.

I take around 2 1/2 to 3 hours on a 4x4, maximum 4 hours if I get loads of calls, customer pop ins etc etc which dramatically slows me down but I am and work on my own so don't have a receptionist or anything.

Plus I do a lot of residential and commercial work including security film so that takes a while selling the product over the phone to those who have little or no idea on these films asking a lot of questions.

But like I said, I'm not too worried on time as my priority is quality. Quality and reputation is king.  :trustme