Sampled Solar FX Ultra 40%

Just tested out the ultra 20% on my back glass. I must say I was very impressed with the shrink. That film can take heat like a champ/ shrink very nice. Another tinter and I push that film to the max with shrinking. It didn't burn when it should have. Thumbs up on the ultra series.

Hey Jerry, I really appreciate that you tried our film out. We are happy to hear you are pleased with how the film handles. I hope you liked the clarity, color, and adhesive of the film also. We are quite pleased with the response we are receiving from tinters like you. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help you out.

Thanks again!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tested out the ultra 20% on my back glass. I must say I was very impressed with the shrink. That film can take heat like a champ/ shrink very nice. Another tinter and I push that film to the max with shrinking. It didn't burn when it should have. Thumbs up on the ultra series.

:yeah  I have been using the ultra series now for the last few weeks and im VERY impressed!! easy and quick to shrink, cuts great on plotter, tacks up very nice and looks great!! not to mention Shawn and his team at Dragon have the best customer service I have ever had the pleasure of working with. we will be using solar FX as our main film very soon! :thumb

JWMotorsports, we really appreciate that have taken the time out of your day to leave a post about your experience with our Ultra Series film and the kind words about the service our company provides. We are not perfect by any means, but we do strive to give our customers the best experience possible when doing business with our company. Thank you again for your business!

After several conversations with Solar FX about film construction and the differences between products Shawn sent me a healthy sample roll to see for myself and to review for the board here on TD.

Solar fx ultra.

For the last couple weeks I have been messing with a roll of Solar FX Ultra from WhiteHog aka Shawn at SFX. Took the film and pushed it to the limit forming on several windows using all the different methods to shrink film that I know. First was a older Honda Accord with the sharp curve on the top corners and then tinted some easier windows. Put a piece on a Beatle window and used the lift and pull on it!

The Ultra film was thicker than some film out there .... Just like I like it, yet easy to work with!

With my cheap heat gun on high the film started forming fast and surprised me at how workable it was even once the film and glass was pretty warm. Took a lot of heat to melt ..... Important when forming areas like the Old Honda with the tight curve.

Applied the film on a few of the windows and left some on for a week, some for a few minutes.

Adhesive started setting up fast...... Important for me since I use more Green Slime with my apps then anyone I know! After a hour the glue was really starting to stick when I removed the film. The windows I left the film on for a week or so all removed easy using the jiffy steamer. None of the windows developed any areas where the film was lifting around the defogger lines.

I tinted a side window on a old work truck I have that sits in the Sun all day so I can see if there are any changes over time. Over all nice working with the Ultra, nice gray look and clear optics.

Thanks again to Shawn for sending me the film and his patients with me finding time to work with it :beer

Cheers

Stan

I would like to say THANK YOU to Stan and all the other guys of the forum who have taken the time to shrink our film and leave a review. Your feedback is important to us in multiple ways. It reinforces our belief in the film and brings to attention any tweaks that may need to be made. Thank you again for giving us a shot.

I can assure you that our film is Manufactured on Planet Earth and does not come from the Planet Klingon. LOL In all seriousness, due to agreements, we are not at liberty to discuss the location of manufacture.

Archived