Window Tinting Ramifications

Raises another question, if a person trades in a car that has 5% all around on a new car, and the Dealer sells the car to a Customer who them runs over another person at night cause they couldn't see, would the Dealer be partly responsible?

Especially if the Victims Family found a Lawyer that knows tint law.

The Dealer saying "I didn't know the tint was not within the law" is not going to fly.

As they say, ignorance is no excuse....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raises another question, if a person trades in a car that has 5% all around on a new car, and the Dealer sells the car to a Customer who them runs over another person at night cause they couldn't see, would the Dealer be partly responsible?

The Dealer saying "I didn't know the tint was not within the law" is not going to fly.

Don't know how things work there 123, but in Aus. Vehicles must be inspected and a road worthy certificate applied before a change of ownership can happen.

This is when the illegal tint is picked up and must be removed .

I would say the dealer is 100% on the hook.

You'd be surprised at some of the dealer accounts I have lost to the competition over the years because I stand my ground on this topic and some dealers believe that " the customer is ALWAYS right " even when it comes to breaking the law.

ANYTHING to make that sale . CRAZY times

Don't know how things work there 123, but in Aus. Vehicles must be inspected and a road worthy certificate applied before a change of ownership can happen.

This is when the illegal tint is picked up and must be removed .

Thing is, a person can rip off the film to pass inspection, then have 5% put on the next day.

I had bought a car that had 20%, from out of state, went to get it inspected, and was told "too dark, it fails, UNLESS you remove the film, then we can pass it" So, I ripped off the film, the car passed.Of course, I could not see out the windows with all the adhesive left behind. 

Went home, scrubbed off the adhesive, and put legal on it that evening....

I don't even have 5% on the shelf. Oh yeah, they've asked, and then I tell them a full roll of film costs $500. That pretty much turns them off, since the typical person asking for 5% can hardly afford 35%.

Stops the discussion dead in its tracks doesn't it Exact Oh .

Even if you do have it in stock, if you don't want to use it just tell em you don't have it and where can they go from there?:D

I would say the dealer is 100% on the hook. You'd be surprised at some of the dealer accounts I have lost to the competition over the years because I stand my ground on this topic and some dealers believe that " the customer is ALWAYS right " even when it comes to breaking the law. ANYTHING to make that sale . CRAZY times

All dealer work must be legal here, no exceptions! People get mad but......

Cheers

This topics gettin kinda old even for me.

:lol Get used to it 35.

That's the way these threads go, everyone waffles on for a bit, brings up the same old points and all agree to disagree and we move on untill next week when someone comes along and posts the same thing again. :facepalm2

We just got off topic with this one as per usual, the op was just about tinting in the news article, the same was brought up about 6 months ago but in London, I tried following that story to see if the tinter was brought up on charges...to the best of my knowledge this has never occurred.

Archived