Welcome Madam president... ess..

I just want to say a huge welcome to the new President of the WFAANZ Ally Cronan!

At the recent AGM Michael Miller (great name), National sales manager for MEP, and John Daginis would be standing down from their current positions, and the new unanimous President is the hard working and always lovely Ally Cronan. Ally has been a real driving force behind trying to create awareness of the benefits of window film, and goes beyond the call of duty to help members of the association. She is the perfect fit, and has my support.

Along with the Vice President Rob Hamilton from SolarGard (Who has helped me and many others personally without asking in return) I can see a strong change in the guard in favour of independent tinters. If there was ever a turn in the corner, this is it.

I highly recommend now more than ever to become members of the WFAANZ and get behind the push to fix up the silly tinting laws that are currently in place. As well as directing more potential work toward local independents.

The cost is $297 each year, and If you can do it, I will work my butt off to generate that cost and more in local leads to pay for it :)

Guys... Today has been a good day for us. :beer

What's her stance (and the association for that matter), on tinters fitting automotive tinting beyond legal requirements?

Hey Dev,

They are all about.. Any car.. Any shade.. $150.

Please, just kidding.. Their policy when joining is about keeping the tint within the law..

They are also about making the laws realistic.

Dev, we don't have another association that can push for changes for the better in our industry, so if you want to have a real say, become a member. You are a great candidate.

I think they should give the say to TintDude... It is IMO what the very people who are are in control of installing the products think.

35.....I'm not quite sure what you mean by the big mob's attitude to the industry. :?

I know nothing about them these days.

On that, I know of one huge wholesaler is not apart of any film association here in Oz as they deem it to be completely irrelevant.

And there are probably more I don't know of.

Dev

Well the odd couple may disagree, but my perception of MEP is they are greedy dogs who have tried to keep all the work away from everybody in any way possible. To the extent that I'm not even allowed to get their film... To be honest, wouldn't even buy a sample book if its funds them. Glad to see them burn here.... But that's just my perception

Archived