2010 Mercedes E350 headrest removal

tintassassin

Piece of cake, well seems no one here can figure this out, not even google??? If you must take headrest out which I like cause I like a unobstructive clear path to put in the rear window (that's how I charge up to a grand per car). It was a nightmare to wiggle out and virtually impossile to reinstall, but this is 100% the solution.

1)  Take off brake light cover, it simply pops out and will give you needed extra room.

2)  Lift headrest up and then remove leather with plastic panel tool (so won't rip/damage leather) until there is nothing left but the metal posts and the plastic frame (you do not need to remove the plactic frame) this will in turn give you 4 to 5 inches of room to remove out completely.

3)  Now your clear, tint your rear, put posts back in then reinstall remaining headrest and brake light cover.

Hopefull this will assist some of you'll, Sincerely Kyle Calera aka the "Tintassassin"

P.S. Mercedes dealer quoted 1 hour or less $120....yea right.

Might want to check for this trick-complements of Tintzeus; worked on his 2011 and an 11 I did too. "In the trunk, up top in the back is a cross bar. There are holes about the size of a nickel in the cross bar. Inside the holes are two little black switches. You will need a small flashlight and a hook tool. Flip the switches to the left with your hook tool. This will allow the rear seat to come forward about 1 1/2 feet. Just enough room to remove and re-install the headrest.

Hope this helps out.

Happy Tinting!"

Might want to check for this trick-complements of Tintzeus; worked on his 2011 and an 11 I did too. "In the trunk, up top in the back is a cross bar. There are holes about the size of a nickel in the cross bar. Inside the holes are two little black switches. You will need a small flashlight and a hook tool. Flip the switches to the left with your hook tool. This will allow the rear seat to come forward about 1 1/2 feet. Just enough room to remove and re-install the headrest.

Hope this helps out.

Happy Tinting!"

I found that you can pull the seat back further forward if you remove the seat bottom.  ( pull up on the front then pull out )  Thanks for the tip Tintzeus 

Archived