Window Size?

Guest Akers93

Guest Akers93

Later this week I have a 05 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab coming in to tint. I haven't done one of this body style yet so was wondering if my 20" roll will cover the roll downs or if ill have to use the 40" and have a poopton of scrap? Also any other info to know on the truck would be nice. should be pretty straight forward and simple. I guess we shall see

One thing you will notice is the mirrors cover the glass about 3" past the front run channel, and on the inside the door panel hides a good bit of the mirror, but not all of it. I like to cut the front a little long so you don't see the front cut on the inside, even if you don't cut it all the way to the front run channel. You will see what i mean when it comes in. You might get away with turning your 40" up and down and splitting it on the rears if its the short ones, if I remember correctly a lot of those were taller than they were wide, but not 100% sure if its less than 20" long. Prob about 21 if your luck is like mine. :thumb

But if its a megacab you will probably be able to turn your 40" up and down and it will take a good portion of it.

These trucks are easy but if the seals are a little tight and you decide to pull the panels, there's just a couple easy to find screws in each panel, and a 10mm that holds the handle on (take it off) and the panel will lift off. Plenty of border around the rear window. Even if you pull the panels they are a fast truck to tint.

Guest Akers93

thanks for the reply, i have tinted one of the newer dodge trucks before and i think i know what you are talking about with the front of the window how it will show where you cut it if its not longer than normal. but i figured i wouldn't get lucky enough to use the small roll. just wish it came in a 24/36 split instead of 20/40, or 22/38 would even work

Yeah 22/38 would work pretty much everywhere, thats a good idea. I don't buy split film but I know what you're talking about. I try to keep 20, 24 and 36 of my popular shades but 24 and 36 of 5% which I don't use too much.

One tip, I also split a ton of 36 to 18/18 for all car roll ups. Then you could just keep 24 and 36 and have little need for 20.

Guest Akers93

thats a good idea, im not sure why i never thought of having my dist cutting a 60" roll for me. i have always bought the 20" and 40"... temporary long term blonde moment

40" film sideways pulled 21" to 25" depending on the truck....that is what I use.  Might have a bit of waste but if you bought a 24" roll you could be wasting film on the older silverados and it would just be tall enough for a ford f series...if you carry all sorts of sizes of film you could be most efficient but I would not want that much stock on hand.

20" and 40" film and you can cover any window on auto except a windshield like my 1995 Lumina mini-van.  That bugger is like 44" of glass tall.

Guest Akers93

Looks like ill be turning the roll on its side then. waste a lot less than upright. and that is a huge windshield mine was covered with a 30" roll amd still had some scrap to it

Archived