How many cars?

it takes me about 2-3 hours a car, some times less when they are 2008 and up or non dirt bombs. dirt bombs take me longer due to the cleaning etc. i like taking my time cleaning them super good. took me 4 hours on a 91 f25 crew cab that was still in farm service and personally didnt like how it turned out(i was rushed). im thinking ill just wait till it get a little hotter to talk to them.

any tips on aproaching a dealer?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude are you 100% confident in your ability first? If its around the corner and your guaranteed to get it if probably wait until your able to do it and not get a bad rep cos u can't do what they want

confident in my quality of work? or qty?

im confident in my installs. i put out quality work

Then just walk in their with your balls out and make them believe they will be better off with your product, service and quality. Just be prepared to work some late nights..... In my experience

Down here in Sydney it's almost impossible to walk into a dealership and get the work. You can have film that pisses out blonde strippers when you drive, if you can't do it cheaper than a major company that undercuts everyone, even with a shite film, it ain't happening.....

Wish I could walk in somewhere and just "get" the work, so go for it

Good Luck Chuck!

Trucks usually don't take that long,  I think you would be fine, because if your tinting the same type of cars/trucks you will gain speed and confidence even on the 2nd of the same..  Imagine after you have done a dozen of the same vehicle... I know I can tint a Chevy Cruze with my eyes closed. :facepalm2   or covered..

Good Luck Chuck!

Trucks usually don't take that long,  I think you would be fine, because if your tinting the same type of cars/trucks you will gain speed and confidence even on the 2nd of the same..  Imagine after you have done a dozen of the same vehicle... I know I can tint a Chevy Cruze with my eyes closed. :facepalm2   or covered..

they have about 5 cars and 5 suvs and about 100 trucks thats all you see front and all around haha

You can fly on trucks esp if its the front two roll downs...  Double cut, worse case scenario keep the release liner and use as a template and cut them at home, although its tough to get that nice straight edge cut this way...

You can fly on trucks esp if its the front two roll downs... Double cut, worse case scenario keep the release liner and use as a template and cut them at home, although its tough to get that nice straight edge cut this way...

Good idea about the tempelate..... Just add and custom fitting solves the dilemma though :dunno

Tc I did read an older post and although I agree about the purpose of a plotter I must say I definitely recommend you learn to cut on cars man. Like I said, I agree about why a plotter exists, but do you really want the ability to not cut a kit hold u back? Come on man use your own car and practice if your concerned about damage. I cut the shite out of my cars rubbers but hey I had to learn on someone's car?

Archived