Seal failure on tempered dual pane

IWFA has a document copyright 1998 "The Use of Window Films on Insulating Glass Windows" that speaks to percentages with and without film applied. Says most window makers at the time were not members of an association known as Sigma who set high performance standards for IG unit construction. The study funded by the IWFA (Edit: AIMCAL) for the document determined that IG units are no more prone to have seal failure with or without film installed. I would provide a copy but do not wish to do so without AIMCAL's permission, hence violate their copyright. If anyone wants to lay eyes on this report they may simply contact the IWFA directly.

As to software, I have not seen or heard of it but I do know of a means to determine temperature of the air or gas space; haven't seen or used any such software and would probably find myself intimidated by its complexity. :eye

:thumb Still have my copy. :D

Problem is that once you tint it... You own it. There is a convince store not far from me that was tinted in what looks like a DR 20 something and DR 30 something. Units are 60x 84 ish. Both units with the 20 something have failed and the 30 has not. It is impossible to say with out giggling that the film has not contributed to the failure in some way.

Archived