New Opportunities

I've been getting a couple of these emails every day, anybody else getting scam emails like this?

Post 'em if you've got 'em and lets have a laugh.

Hello

This is Eddy,I want you install new solar panel i bought for my new apartment. Also i would like to know if you accept credit card as payment.. Reply me if you will be available for this work so I can give you necessary details about the work

Eddy....

ps. If anybody wants to take Eddy up on his offer his email is eddywisedove@gmail.com ....maybe we should all spam him back lol.

Guest vicgeoffling

I have just received an email from this bloke wanting computer work done in his new house. No idea what he plans to do with the information he has asked for, sounded suss from the first email.

Bloody painful waste of my time. wouldn't mind strangling the prick. :bat :bat

Guest jarah1111

Just had a weird email coming from a guy called "George Edward" as eddywisedove@gmail.com

Hello.

I want you to work on my computers in my house, i want you to install a good antivirus and also repair 2 of my computers and i want to get another new HP COMPUTER, Also i will like to know if you are available for the work and if you accept credit card as payment method.

It then goes on to ask if he can pay me upfront on his credit card for the repairs to PC's and new computer plus his Removalist costs as they don't accept credit card. Then once I received the money I would wire it to "their account".

This sounded so fishy and I pressed him to talk on the phone and he said he had just had ear surgery and couldn't hear on the phone.

I told him to send them a cheque.

Bloody waste of time, I was surely going to get a charge back on the stolen credit card but it would be too late as the money would be in another account by then.

I forgot that I had posted this, but yes that is the scam. Charge the stolen credit card and pay their 'removalist' a  cash advance. Then the phoney removalist disappears with the cash, and the bank chases you for processing a stolen credit card. Always get authorization on credit card transactions like this or if it sounds dodgy like this scenario, tell him to take a walk and send any info you have to the boys in blue, they have a fraud squad set up just for this.

Archived