New Vehicles With Drive-By-Wire

Just thought I should bring this topic up. Had a new F-350 diesel come in about a year ago and we did a windshield on it. We use to use a lot of water on a windshield install and most likely used too much and got some water on the sensor on the gas pedal. After that, it wouldn't drive right. Lesson learned. You can say "Stupid Ford" or whatever you want, but the truth is, this kind of thing could happen (and DOES happen) to ANY newer vehicle. Don't use too much water on newer cars! With all the electronics they have and the crazy places they hide them, you don't want any water sneaking it's way to these electronics. I now use half of what I use to and have had no more issues (including no issues with new F-350s).

I may be buying a sync/sirius radio module for f 250 due to getting wet from putting uv film on the windshield.

I think I read that on another thread. It was the inspiration for writing this one. I saw the other day someone had a problem with a 7-Series BMW where the water got in the trunk all over the radio, nav. and changer. REALLY sucks for that guy!

aS IF ITS NOT ENOUGH WORK TO EVEN TINT WINDSHIELDS AND REAR WINDOWS , NOW TO THINK ABOUT ELECTRONICS HIDDEN  ALL OVER. ITS NOT LIKE WE CAN THROW A DROP CLOTH ON DASH AND DECKS TO KEEP WATER FROM RUNNING DOWN,ONLY TO GET FUZZ UNDER FILM! YEAH AUTO MAKERS! (NOT)

Archived