Madico SG330 (SG35) Review

I personally have this film on my house.  Not the greatest in terms of heat rejection, but certainly one of their longest running films.  Mine was installed Nov. 07, and looks great, but thats not my review.

Today, I did a warranty job on some east and west facing windows.  This was installed September 9th, 1998 by Solar X in Houston (before they were a 3M dealer I believe).  I really wish I had done a comparison pic of the top part of the window, but didn't snap to it until I got to the bottom...in which I only replaced one mini.  Keep in mind, there is a screen in front of this window.  The reason why some film was replaced was due to the scratch coat flaking off.  I will say, the film had very little fade to it on the upper portion of the functional.

Dang near 16 years...thats really good.  Time will tell if todays Madico will hold up the same.  

The "top" right  pane is the one to be replaced due to a curling edge.  Installer error, or due to the glass shifting.  I wasn't sure, so decided to replace.  Original 1998 film pictured (all windows).

IMG_2213_zps382e30eb.jpg

Mini pane film removed

IMG_2214_zps17293f86.jpg

Replaced with the same film.  You will notice, it is just slightly darker.  A 16 year old match, or close enough.  Impressive.

IMG_2215_zpsa4fac197.jpg

Note:  Screen slowed the deterioration of the bottom windows.  Some of the adhesive on the upper windows was starting to get the wavy death of adhesive, but wasn't terrible...noticeable however.  Not too much noticeable color change however while I was removing and installing from one window to the next.

Archived