Aftermarket tint on top of factory? HELP!

Guest Thatliftedtruckguy

I'm with you on this TTS  :thumb   Every jurisdiction handles this law differently.  Some around me don't consider it an equipment violation, and they require a court visit to make sure it is fixed.  While others give you 3 days to fix it (like a headlight being out).  It's all up to each municipality.  

It is also up to the officer.  It is all officers discretion.  He doesn't have to give you a ticket if he doesn't feel like.  Most people don't understand this.  Just like if he gets behind you, and you have an expired tag.  It is up to him to decide to pull you over and give you a ticket, OR if he doesn't feel like messing with it, then he just lets you go.  The officer can make a choice on these type of things (whether to be an a$$  or not be an a$$) 

That is not true... Some car insurance companies consider moving and non moving violation when they rate policies... So you could quite possibly see a insurance hike

I have never seen an insurance company consider a tint violation as a non-moving violation. I guess they could but I have never seen it, and I am old and been driving a while.

Archived