Car shows and window tinting, thoughts??

Personally I'd rather the custy not watch me work. They usually do not watch quietly, so not only do I have to concentrate on tinting, but also talking to them, which in my case I'm not good at doing both (sometimes neither :lol )

I also tend to remove parts for cleaner installs depending on the car, so now I have the custy eyefarking everything. It makes me more nervous which makes it more likely I'll make a mistake.

bang on, drop off the vehicle and get the &8#% outta here. I'll cal when it's done. Then they of coarse show up half way through the install or blow up your phone non stop asking if it's done yet. I hate dealing with people haha

also what's with some of you guys doing jobs outside, I don't care if it's covered under a tarp. Obviously I can see some peoples standards are lower than others. Inside a clean shop or it doesn't get done at all.

i think tinting at a car show is a good idea........you SHOULD be able to leave the current job under the tent to talk to potential clients and reel them in....however......actually doing one on site would be great.......when you see and talk to people you can say "ill do the same exact process to your car tomarrow, take a business card" and then let them WATCH you do a car........(much better effect if they see you doing 2 cars in the same show, like if they walk past you tent and you have another one lined up next)

You sure that idea isn't risky? Tinting outdoors, even in a tent... I don't know. What do you say if you make a mistake, or have to spend a few minutes pushing out spots with a chizler because of the breeze? Might not look good from a spectators view.

Just a few points worth considering. [emoji106]

i myself would never do a tintjob outside or in a tent......i was just replying to the original guy saying he wanted to go to car shows.....and yes a tent is bad, could be lots of breeze, wind, and contamination. i was going more for the idea that people walking by can actually see and talk to the guy who could pententionally do their own car......

but no i wouldnt do it in a tent.....

Guest matriXtints

tinted in a tent once my shop got flooded and had no elec so had to put one up and run from next door while it was being sorted,not a good couple of days there was crap blowing under and had to do a fair few windows twice,hopefully never have to do it again  :wall  

Archived