CTX and CXP...Are they really Ceramic tint?

Guest jasonholst

everything in this universe is made of carbon. its just a fancy name they attach to the suntek line to make it appealling. i think the suntek actually has more ir absorbers bringing it to the cusp of ceramic but not a ceramic. its much easier to use than the ctx because the ctx likes to curl upon installation. the ctx does or did have a metal sheen to its finished product which would make you think it would be but the numbers arent quite like a huper which is a true ceramic film. when selling either one, i do it as a hybrid film. the customer seems to understand it better. its better than this film but not as good as this one.

Well madico metal edge is fully metal and in the last 2 years I have used it never has it interfered with GPS and radio but sputtered films do metal edge isn't sputtered

Good thing you aren't tinting in my neck of the woods. You would have one heck of a time trying to explain to your customers why they can't get their local AM stations after installing a fully metal or sputtered metal film on the back glass with the antenna built into it. 

There are too many variables to simply say, "metal films cause radio reception problems". An appropriately-placed invisi-seam would solve most radio reception issues. It is also safe to say, "other possible RF signal issues such as wi-fi or cell service shouldn't be a factor when driving".

AM? There are people still listening to it? :dunno

The best TSER films (talking about the ones with honest reporting) are either some sort of metal or darker ceramic or a combination of both... TSER's can be as high as 75%. If you want that kind of performance then you may have to do some work-arounds (like what Smartie suggested) to get RF for am/fm... worth it? I see shops making great money selling these films. :twocents

Archived