This whole affair is ridiculous. I can totally understand teaching a minor to "respect" firearms. However, shooting an Uzi with such careless disregard for safety is beyond Me. And now the dead mans family comes out and says they "forgive" the girl. Forgive? Not one ounce of this tragedy was her fault. Forgive her parents, forgive the gun range, forgive the INSTRUCTOR...... maybe. But, don't blame this on a 9 year old child.

I couldn't agree more Booms.

I blame the parents then the instructor for this happening. First off, a fully auto weapon is not a weapon you should want your child to learn to shoot. Secondly, that instructor should have known better. It's obvious in the video that the little girl was uncomfortable with holding the weapon let alone firing it on full auto. This little girl has a long road to recovery, God bless her.

That's what I think too TM. Firstly the parents and then the instructor.... What were these adults thinking? And now that poor child has to live with it.

Sad ending but it happened! Instructor had a brain fart not expecting the little girl to have recoil issues and his brain fart resulted in a more serious brain issue of foreign partials in the brain!

Seriously, what were the parents thinking? TDub, in the USA a lot of people choose to own guns to protect ourself from the United States government and are educated on gun safety and practice it. Then there are people like the little girls parents!

Vegas is such a crazy place, literally lives up to the nickname sin city. I have shot at ranges all over the country while traveling for work and have never seen anything like this with such young kids shooting such powerful weapons. Would have been nice to start her out on a pellet gun at her age but I don't know details on her experience so.......

My prayers are with everyone involved.

Stan

**** TDub, I haven't been on the board as much as I would like this summer with stuff like heart surgery getting in my way but I haven't seen much of you. Nice to see ya posting and on the board, your the best!

Sad ending but it happened! Instructor had a brain fart not expecting the little girl to have recoil issues and his brain fart resulted in a more serious brain issue of foreign partials in the brain!

Seriously, what were the parents thinking? TDub, in the USA a lot of people choose to own guns to protect ourself from the United States government and are educated on gun safety and practice it. Then there are people like the little girls parents!

Vegas is such a crazy place, literally lives up to the nickname sin city. I have shot at ranges all over the country while traveling for work and have never seen anything like this with such young kids shooting such powerful weapons. Would have been nice to start her out on a pellet gun at her age but I don't know details on her experience so.......

My prayers are with everyone involved.

Stan

**** TDub, I haven't been on the board as much as I would like this summer with stuff like heart surgery getting in my way but I haven't seen much of you. Nice to see ya posting and on the board, your the best!

Hey Stan.

I have no problem with teaching gun safety, if anything I'd be an advocate if we had the same laws that you do. This situation though, just defies logic. I hear you about Vegas, I was last there last year and yes it is crazy.

On another note, it's nice to hear from you too. Although I'm sorry to hear that you've had health issues, I hope everything has gone well for you. Look after yourself!

Archived