Your opinion on real facts

I started into auto on my own and the only training I had was on family and friends cars. I worked my way through every vehicle I could get my hands on and then started over when I ran out. I had a very good grasp on what I was getting into before I took on my first paying customer, but in no way was I a professional. I was not able to turn out next to flawless work on the first shot, but I knew with enough patience, film and time I would be able to get an acceptable job, for both me and my customers. In the first few months there were some cars where I re-did a window up to 5 times, until I got it right. Too many time I've seen people just focused on making that "paper" and sacrifice the quality right out the gate. This does nothing for our industry or their reputation. 

Just like any job, get your ducks in a row FIRST or be ready to give up your initial "profit" to the learning curve.

Exactly! Same way my business started right there. I wasted so much film at first I was losing money on cars! Lol

Archived