How much to start my own shop?

Guest YOUNG TINTER

I started out by sharing a Warehouse for free. I put up a website. And started getting a referrals from family and friends and few calls calls a week. I actually started with under a year of experience. The first cars I did took me 4.5 hours. There were lot of techniques i had to discover on my own and I spent a lot of time here on TD were the amazing people were willing to help me out with their guidance I was able to reduce my time. 4 hrs, 3.5, 3, for a long time and now 1.5 -2hrs depending on the car.

I always focused on quality over quantity and I have never had an unhappy customer even from my early days.

I would see if I could co-locate with someone. even if they are in a different industry. A space will be your largest recurring expense. If you can minimize that you can focus on other things. I would suggest you start ASAP even with 1 yr experience because you early customers will be your repeat customers in years 2 & 3 and many jobs in years 1,2&3 will be referrals from them helping to boost your customer base.

I don't recommend that everyone start out with under a year experience but it worked for me. I know I might get a lot of flack for my approach. But it worked for me I know the quality of work I was capable of I was alway upfront with customers regarding ow long it was going to take me.

Some customers could be without their cars that long and some didn't mind.

PM me and I can tell you more about How I got started with next zero dollars. There are a lot of guys on here who can give great advise as well

Archived