How do you cut your film for the car?

Hey guys, for the guys not using plotters/computer cut systems how are you cutting your film??

Since I started I've been cutting film on the car, say for instance.. cut the back, shift the film a quarter inch, then cut the front and make the top rainbow cut.

Here recently I've been working with a buddie who double cuts everything and cuts on the PEEL BOARD only. He'll put the film on the glass, make sure it's below the door panel plenty far, make a small nitch on the film where the rubber gasket is on the outside of the door maybe an 1/8-1/4 inch more on each side Top of film and bottom, cut the top and transfer to peel board to cut the edges with a ruler lining it up on th3 small nitches he had made.. just seeing if anyone cuts like this? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Later -Drew

cut the same way double amd with the little pricks on each side . they key is to make sure your first layer of film is anchored on glass as to not move then place second layer on and squeege as to not move . if you do it correcty youll have an amazin pattern that will install easy and line up all around and tuck , some tinters use a marker but i find the prick to b more accurate, there alot of different ways to cut tho. :thumb

Here recently I've been working with a buddie who double cuts everything and cuts on the PEEL BOARD only. He'll put the film on the glass, make sure it's below the door panel plenty far, make a small nitch on the film where the rubber gasket is on the outside of the door maybe an 1/8-1/4 inch more on each side Top of film and bottom, cut the top and transfer to peel board to cut the edges with a ruler lining it up on th3 small nitches he had made.. just seeing if anyone cuts like this? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Later -Drew

This is the way I do it also, almost exactly.  I remember not having a cut/peel board and trying to do it on the car,  Didn't like it, scratches the glass if you don't pay attention   :twocents

Archived