Non genuine replacement auto glass

Watch out for this flood of crap coming into the country that is not original equipment.

eg. Today I had a front door glass on a VE that needed to be tinted as a result of a smash and grab.

There wasn't even any identifying logo anywhere on the entire glass which was something I've never seen before. :blink

The wavy distortions when looking down the side of the glass need to be pointed out to the customer before you put any film anywhere near it because they might deem your tint to have a fault.

Scraping of that glass is a no no as the surface is very sand papery as in today's case.

Devil

Thanks for the heads up Dev.

I use kits. Anything coming in with replacement glass gets double checked before cutting as the sizes and positioning of the demister tabs are all over the shop as well.

Yeah I seen that too Rock. :thumb

80 series Cruisers have been the main culprit for me Dev.

I use kits. Anything coming in with replacement glass gets double checked before cutting as the sizes and positioning of the demister tabs are all over the shop as well.

you wouldn't have those probs if you avoided them like me lol

you wouldn't have those probs if you avoided them like me lol
I try mate but the bloody things keep finding me :lol

Archived