Low baller of the year ?

As shitty as the whole matter is, there is no way to control prices of others. Price fixing is illegal in Australia. RRP is about all we have to go with. If after 10 years, he ain't established and needs to advertise on gumtree - I would not use him - I'd go to a pro. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only power the WFAANZ has in situations where tinters can be seen to be dishonest/unethical (and ethics are debatable), is if that tinter is a member, they can discontinue their membership.

This Yeon fellow is unlikely to be a member, and therefore WFAANZ has no sway.

Maybe someone could have a crack at reporting false advertising. "Film cost only"?

20" roll, @ $240 = about $40 - $50 a car, not the $90 he's quoting.

Each to their own, who cares if he's doing cars for $10? Honestly?

It's a big blow for the industry not only is he under charging but also advertising it to the public it's a known fact when one person charged x amount then that's the price to compete against atm it's at $149 on gumtree but for how long maybe $119 maybe $99 who cares a very stupid thing to say

I agree it's bad for the industry. In fact it used to be a mission of mine to do what I can to destroy start up suppliers helping this continue. But the longer I am in this trade the more I realise it's actually got nothing to do with me. I now have return clientele who actually agree with me that we aren't on the same level

Even new customers, a booking for tomorrow chose me and said out of the 3 he called I was the most expensive. He chose me because I offer something different to these guys. I hate them no doubt and I will never help a person with this attitude but I stay busy separating myself from them. There will always be the cheapest market and in a sense these guys just stop me getting calls from low balling customers wasting my time to be honest. Still they should all be rid of this planet, but they won't and neither will the customers asking for tint at this price so I kind of see these people being a necessity for our industry I really think the worst part is the suppliers providing them the film to do this, and I can guarantee he ain't using ultra gard

I mean, you always get them, I have had a customer ask for cheaper prices, I did have a customer I have done a car for ask why I sell paint protection for xxxx and the car wash charges just a couple hundred bucks. If you need their work because you need to make that money desperately you'll take it. If you actually value your time you will say call the car wash and get a car wash job. I had a guy return my quote because the price was higher than our verbal quote. Why? Because he wanted another 10m2 done. He said he was hoping for a better price than my first quote, even though there's more work to do.... why would I do that??

I'm not afraid to turn a job down. This guy will be a waste of my time. I don't want him or his referrals because he's only going to tell his friends to call me because I'm "cheap"

I'm not cheap. My product isn't cheap. My work isn't cheap. Kind of when you were saying things like "why would I spend my money on that film it costs more"

When people make this argument they say "you make the same money doing less work if you charge more"

I'm not charging more to get less work, I want the same amount of work I just want a client base of people who want to pay for a good job not a cheap one.... It just takes time. I could just charge duck all and do as many cars as I can fit in a day, but I would be looking at each job with regret as it drove out, before I even got miserable at how much money I didn't make for the hours I did

Archived