Vee Dub Hidden Screw

Don't know if they've always had this, usually i just unscrew the two top screws and pull trim back, hook rubber out.

New MultiVan today, new trim design, had to take trim off to get rubber out.

Luckily i was taught if its too tight it aint right, could of ripped this in half. Same clips, bit tight  and bend easily so glad i checked!

In one of the pockets for the trim you'll find the rubber mat for all your things, pull that out. its tight in there but comes out. Be sure to use something plastic and not just try to get away with using a small screwy because it kinks easily!

Also, where the top two screws are, is new swell. You can't just pop a cap back to find the screws, you've gotta take the whole top piece the window switch sits in. Feels flimsy but its got about ten clips holding it in so you can just pull it off without it damaging, its sweet. Then the two screws and that piece comes out. Then the same 3 screws in the bottom of the trim. Is quite a pain in the ass to put back on, the top piece with the window switch has a lot of seats next to the clips that go in the trim and they've pretty much gotta go back on at the same time to go back on properly but no big deal.....

It always makes me think why the go to the extent of making the door trims difficult to pull off? 

Pull it out, in the leading edge corner you'll see the hidden screw, sits about in the middle of the trim....

Pics attached.

post-35797-0-05794300-1420523635_thumb.j

post-35797-0-45484700-1420523662_thumb.j

post-35797-0-14063300-1420523691_thumb.j

Don't know if they've always had this, usually i just unscrew the two top screws and pull trim back, hook rubber out.

New MultiVan today, new trim design, had to take trim off to get rubber out.

Luckily i was taught if its too tight it aint right, could of ripped this in half. Same clips, bit tight and bend easily so glad i checked!

In one of the pockets for the trim you'll find the rubber mat for all your things, pull that out. its tight in there but comes out. Be sure to use something plastic and not just try to get away with using a small screwy because it kinks easily!

Also, where the top two screws are, is new swell. You can't just pop a cap back to find the screws, you've gotta take the whole top piece the window switch sits in. Feels flimsy but its got about ten clips holding it in so you can just pull it off without it damaging, its sweet. Then the two screws and that piece comes out. Then the same 3 screws in the bottom of the trim. Is quite a pain in the ass to put back on, the top piece with the window switch has a lot of seats next to the clips that go in the trim and they've pretty much gotta go back on at the same time to go back on properly but no big deal.....

It always makes me think why the go to the extent of making the door trims difficult to pull off?

Pull it out, in the leading edge corner you'll see the hidden screw, sits about in the middle of the trim....

Pics attached.

do heaps of them brother screw has always been there , I would hate to do them without taking off the panel

Archived