Car Template Software.

Guest funstickups

Guest funstickups

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this board. Just want to say hello. I posted something before this that I was made aware offended other wrap artists like myself, so I edited the post to a simple hello.

Thank you

Welcome!

By the sounds of it your looking to design full DIY wraps for the customer to do. Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but your on a board of industry people that install these wraps professionally as a job, and your asking for advice on how to create a product that potentially takes the money out of their pocket?

I personally hate DIY's in the wrap world, not only due to it taking the money out of peoples pockets but the fact it gives the industry a bad name. Joe Public installs a sick wrap himself with bubbles, lifting, joins and patches that everyone else see's. This gives the industry a bad name as people see the shonky DIY job and put it down to wraps looking crap. I have been working hard to change that image in my region which hurts sales. People (very few) don't pickup a can of paint and paint their car yet they will give a wrap a go....

You are also implying that you are going to make templates for whole cars that fit perfectly, if you have ever wrapped a car you would know this is not possible. you need to add bleed and allow for certain creep and stretch when applying. You cant have a precut bumper for example that just goes on like a sticker. Grab a few metres of vinyl, draw a 3D bumper on it and try to install it and see if your drawing ended up lining up. That type of install should definitely be done by a professional, a DIY'er will never be able to make things line up let alone wrap it properly.

Guest funstickups

Supreme 

My post was not clear, and I agree with what you are saying 100% I should of mentioned that my market is a niche of which all wrap guys don't want their business I do Drag & Circle Amateur Racers. I do Door Numbers and Logos for them. I would like to do the doors or quarters in whole piece film to make it easier on me and look better on their cars. These guys don't go for spit. I thought doing this might get some the local tracks to refer their pickups and trailers for real work for the ones that can afford it.

As far as what your talking about in your third paragraph about full wraps, bumpers, etc....I never mentioned or  intended that. I feel the way you do about working and losing business in all sorts of ways. But times are hard, and I need to get creative. Seems like everyone is broke, even the rich.

Maybe your right, and I should not pursue this adventure, but it seems so many guys seem to be selling crap and making money these days, and the veterans are sitting  around waiting for business.  Kinda of like the Certified licensed business vs the fly by night guys. 

I hear your rant, and want you to know the niche of audience are the same people buying 5 dollar decals ( Wish they want for free also). I get a lot of Honda Day guys that want window or Panel Club Stickers also, in which I've gotten larger jobs from Mommy and Daddy Paying for Real Work.

Sorry for the post. I will delete it for your argument is true.

All good, your post did read as though you were looking to create templated wraps for sale so people can install them themselves. Yes that is what people do on here for a living but again getting people to install these wraps themselves i dont think will be so easy.

Apologise if that is not the case as you have since explained more but again read more like full car wraps. Cant speak on templates for Drag & Circle cars as to tell you the truth not sure what they are. If they are custom built cars then im not sure there would be templates for these things. If they are everyday cars then a search for templates on here should come up with a few key programs that people choose to use.

And welcome, its good to have people in all aspects of the wrapping world on here!

Archived