Is it just me? and What brand of Film do you prefer?

Hi Tint Yoda,

I respect that.  Llumar is a quality product with a well earned reputation for performance and durability.  Choosing them on that basis alone makes for a sound decision.

Let me speak in very general terms here.  Not about Llumar or any particular brand at all:

There is now a long list of components that go into these products.  Some (but not all) of these items are available in the USA.  In those cases, you may have little choice but to import them.  This can be anything from a dye pigment to a high end nano-particle.

Again - speaking in very general terms here, there are times when "Made In America" is actually "laminated in America".   Components can be sourced from all over the world and then assembled in the USA.  

Are there window films on the market which contain only USA sourced components?  It is possible but I do not know.  I have never seen this advertised.  If anyone has knowledge of this - please do enlighten us.

It is well known that Global is produced by Garware Polyester in India.  Although they are obviously not a USA based operation, they are the only single source, vertically integrated manufacturer in the business at the moment.   Pound for pound, they create and control more of what goes into their film than any other company.   

I do encounter and respect those who take your position, not only when it comes to window film, but to almost any consumer product.   But based on the quality and consistency that single source manufacturing allows for, I suggest that the Global films are at least worthy of consideration.  My customers love these products.

Respectfully,

Howard

Hi Tint Yoda,

I respect that.  Llumar is a quality product with a well earned reputation for performance and durability.  Choosing them on that basis alone makes for a sound decision.

Let me speak in very general terms here.  Not about Llumar or any particular brand at all:

There is now a long list of components that go into these products.  Some (but not all) of these items are available in the USA.  In those cases, you may have little choice but to import them.  This can be anything from a dye pigment to a high end nano-particle.

Again - speaking in very general terms here, there are times when "Made In America" is actually "laminated in America".   Components can be sourced from all over the world and then assembled in the USA.  

Are there window films on the market which contain only USA sourced components?  It is possible but I do not know.  I have never seen this advertised.  If anyone has knowledge of this - please do enlighten us.

It is well known that Global is produced by Garware Polyester in India.  Although they are obviously not a USA based operation, they are the only single source, vertically integrated manufacturer in the business at the moment.   Pound for pound, they create and control more of what goes into their film than any other company.   

I do encounter and respect those who take your position, not only when it comes to window film, but to almost any consumer product.   But based on the quality and consistency that single source manufacturing allows for, I suggest that the Global films are at least worthy of consideration.  My customers love these products.

Respectfully,

Howard

I hear you Howard. WE actually met at SEMA this year. Met Stan too! You guys are awesome. Without a doubt I bet the product is good from Global as so many here love it. Does not seem to be used heavily on the west coast though so not many have heard of it.

I am 100% American made products when I can. I wish more did the same as our country would be much stronger. I fully understand components could come from anywhere but I have to assume Eastman keeps more jobs and money here than Garware does. Coming from IT background too I am sick to the stomach how our politicians sold us out with the BS H1B visa's. India is not exactly on my fav list anymore LOL. Its a personal choice. You could always defect to LuLu then I could work with you LOL.

Archived