hand cutting

How do you guys do the little 100mm panels like the one tucked in nicely between the door and the glass panel.

Before someone says "close the door" remember it's in a frame......

I hand cut these using a naked blade and a snap off of a timber school ruler......

Tried pre cutting it, didn't seem to come out in line perfectly though....

Is there an easier way?

Things like this I hand cut because I think it comes out better than a plotter when installing it (no waves)

post-35797-0-55661800-1431733148_thumb.j

How do you guys do the little 100mm panels like the one tucked in nicely between the door and the glass panel.

I hand cut these using a naked blade and a snap off of a timber school ruler......

Is there an easier way?

Things like this I hand cut because I think it comes out better than a plotter when installing it (no waves)

There is no easier way but do just that, plotter or hand cut, customers wanting this will benefit from a rare skill few tinters can accomplish, for that conclusion they have to pay to get that quality of skill. 

Cheers

Is there an easier way?

There is no easier way but do just that, plotter or hand cut, customers wanting this will benefit from a rare skill few tinters can accomplish, for that conclusion they have to pay to get that quality of skill. 

Cheers

thanks mate :thumb

Thirtyfive,,,, I don't do a lot of flat glass, but if I were in that situation.  I would have to try taping and olfa to a dowel rod or stick of some sort to get extra length on the knife.  Rather than trying to get in with my hand, get out for moving room, just make sure your attachment is rigid enough to give you a good cut.  :twocents 

Archived