Mobile tinting travelling with plotter

I'm just curious if anybody on the forum has ever or currently travels with their plotter in the back of an enclosed trailer?

And if so how do you worry about damage to it when driving or have you come up with a unique suspension system for the plotter while driving?

What would be some good ideas as to not cause damage to a plotter when driving an enclosed trailer around?

There are no tinters anywhere around where my cottage is so my wheels were turning a little bit my head for those rainy days :lol

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there, TintWizard. although I don't use a plotter for cuts I would still like to help you elaborate and toss some ideas out there for you anyways! 

Being it said you use a trailer to transport the plotter in, is there any chance you could have a set of four brackets installed/welded to the frame of the trailer or walls of the trailer? That way you can strap the plotter down as well with any equipment that you use to limit any sliding around or falling over.

Thanks for chiming in. Strapping it down is not the issue rather the jarring of the road. I was wondering if there's some sort of a suspension idea

Not a bad idea on the noodles. Just tossing around the idea but in thinking for what the risk is of damaging the plotter , I'll just hand cut as I did for the first 25 yes of tinting

I would think that a plotter is not design to withstand the punishment of the road It will probably start running out of calibration. this are only speculations. Your best bet is asking the manufacturer. I thought about this idea at some point.

There's a ppf guy here that carries his around in his van. Looks to just be sitting in there. He's been doing it for years. 

You gotta be talking about Mark??  Yeah Wiz, this guy will come to the shop and cut a bumper or whatever, in the parking lot.  It looks like he just has his sitting on a shelf on the side of the van. :?  

I was thinking some sort of hammock system with bungee cords or an actual hammock for that matter.  Only for transport of course.  Either that or a box full of bubble wrap that is strapped down.  That way the plotter floats in the box or hammock until you are ready to use it??  :dunno 

Sounds like a lot of moving it back and forth, but I bet you could make it where it's not that difficult.  Good Luck  :thumb 

I have my Roland bolted down in the back of my van. I just put some rubber between the stand any van floor. Has been fine doing mobile. I was worried about it at first, but it seems to be ok. I would just make sure it's secured really well where it won't fall over. I figure plotters get shipped all the time so they should be able to handle the vibration.

I also came up with a good transfer board for mobile. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Archived