decent training films?

Good to hear! :)
I've heard from Howard now, he pointed me to their EWF price list, he didn't mention Global even though I asked about it. (I've asked about it again, waiting for a reply now).
Even if the EWF- films are good, they seem to sell them only in 100ft. lengths and I think that's a bit too much for me right now, would like to start off with maybe 1/3 of that or so, just to try the brand and get started.

So, ST is still not completely off the table for me yet as they sell in smaller lengths, are quickly avaliable to me and rejects some heat(?).

Also, Howard pointed me to their Classic Black/Charcoal line, if I understand things correctly, the NR is dyed film and HP is a carbon hybrid? And so, the HP should have some heat rejection? (Ceramic is way too expensive atm)

You should do some research. Every film rejects heat. Some more than others depending upon construction and materials used. Qdp, classic black and carbon all similar in construction and heat rejection. All available in partial rolls. Classic black and qdp are very very similar. Cb is less expensive. Buy a 100' roll and practice practice practice.

I have done some research.....But I'll admit I've got a lot more so left to do :)

I know "all" films reject some heat. What I meant was that extra block, in between ceramic and plain dye..
As to my previous question about HP vs NR, I've found out the difference now, which is basically metallized vs plain. So HP might block a bit more heat but could interfere with signals(?). Also some difference in looks.

I've repetedly been told that practically qdp is the way to go. But it seems cb would be a better choice price-wise, so I'm leaning towards cb in that case (especially if thery're so similar to eachother).
CB is also avaliable in shorter lengths, as you pointed out, WT. -Sorry My bad, But classic Charcoal are only listed as 100' (and 50' of wider charcoal 1.5)

You need to get a hold of Howard he is the main guy on distribution for Global and EWF .

Saul is right on recommending Express Window Film. Howard runs a top notch export business and can supply you with Global QDP as well as his own film line.

Howard has replied to me now, I asked if he had any Global films to offer. This is his response:

"We do have the QDP Ceramic 70% which has just arrived." ... "It is not yet listed on the website."

-Doesn't seem like EWF is a Global supplier (except for this ceramic)

Hi Sluggo,

We are the highest volume Authorized Global Distributor in the USA.  You can confirm this on Global's Corporate Website.

Global Express Northeast

Global Express West

Global Express Florida

http://www.globalwindowfilms.com/contact-us.php

-Howard

Hi Sluggo,

We are the highest volume Authorized Global Distributor in the USA.  You can confirm this on Global's Corporate Website.

Global Express Northeast

Global Express West

Global Express Florida

http://www.globalwindowfilms.com/contact-us.php

-Howard

My bad!

Sorry, Howard! There must have been some missunderstanding in our correspondance before. -Probably my fault.

I gathered from our conversation that you only had one type of Global film as mentioned before. I now know that this is most definately not the case.

For others who read this thread, looking for Global film, try http://www.filmnow.com.

That's where EWF ( http://www.expresswindowfilms.com ) sells the Global film.

No worries Sluggo.  Just shoot me an email if I can help with anything.

I hope to return to Stockholm on day.  What a beautiful city.

-Howard

Archived