decent training films?

Hi everyone!
New to this forum, I've been looking around in here for a few days, much great info for a rookie like me! :thumb
I've just started tinting and I discovered how fun it is! I've watched tons of youtube- videos and surfing the web for tips, trix and inspiration (Ralph Van Pelt @ youtube helped a lot!)

And now to topic:
So far, I've only tinted with an overpriced, cheap film (I think the brand is Solex, doesn't seem to be the worst kind of film, but definately nowhere near top quality) and now, I'd like to try some of better quality, but still at a relatively low cost.
-I'm not looking to tint professionally, but just for the fun of it. Going to tint a few cars for family and friends (who probably wasn't toing to get their cars tinted otherwise) so there is a cost- limit.
But since it's not my own cars (and because I'd like to experience the difference in quality when working with it), I still like to be able to offer some quality of the films. Preferably with some heat rejection.

I've tried looking in this forum for opinions on SunTek, but different posts show different results: For a while, they seemed like a decent brand, then they seemed horrible, then great again...). SunTek Carbon is just about within price- range and avaliable in my country, so it would be nice if they were in fact better nowadays.
SunTek -Decent or Garbage?

I've also read that Global QDP might be a good alternative, but I haven't been able to find a price or reseller anywhere?

Any other (well-known) brand that would fit my bill?

Any tips are greatly appreciated!
Since this is for private purpose, my alternatives are limited since not all brands are avaliable for consumer purchase. And access to quality retailers here in Sweden seems to be greatly limited.

Try express window films they have a large variety of films to choose from.

Saul is right on recommending Express Window Film. Howard runs a top notch export business and can supply you with Global QDP as well as his own film line. I train auto window tinters here in the US and generally spend a month a year training in Europe. I have a 14 hour DVD learning library on auto tinting that could very well help you. The problem with Internet videos is lots of time you only get part of the information, showing you but not teaching. Howard at Express carries my Learning Library so you could combine film and DVDs saving on shipping or you can order them from me by contacting me on tintdude using PM. Check out my clips on YouTube by searching B Stan Foster, should bring up my channel.

Btw, welcome to tintdude, you found the best website on the Internet for tinting. So mary great people hang out here!

Cheers

Stan

Thanx guys. I've been looking at EWF too, but didn't find any Global on the site? Only found pricelist for EWF- film?
(Bad web-site IMHO, hard to find the right stuff)
Which of the EWF- branded films would you recommend me? (non-fading, heat reflective, no electronics- blocking)

Will check out your videos too, Stan. I've heard much about them!

You need to get a hold of Howard he is the main guy on distribution for Global and EWF . Flat Rock is the Legend on install. Pretty much there is the answer Exelent film and one of the best teachers on the industry. I personally use EWF. PM him he is a really nice guy.

Allright, Sent him an email now.

...So is ST completely off the table as an alternative?
(Would be nice to hear something good about them, since they can deliver to me within 2 days..)
I probably will try'em sooner or later, but for now, I only have 2 cars to tint and really limited budget, so I can't try both ATM..

I use st. Never had a warranty claim. I personally haven't had a complaint about their scratch coat in the past year.... Seems as though that issue has been resolved. I like the look of their films. I also use qdp. They are both great. Better customer service at ewf. Ewf/ global is easier to work with in my opinion. St will shrink more but global provides a nice even shrink and is harder to crease.

Archived