Can IR lights cause Ventureshield to yellow?

Hi,

Did a Ventureshield PPF install on a white Mazda about 12 months ago.

Recently its been in the panel shop to have the front bar, passenger front guard and door repaired and painted.

Noticed that the Ventureshield on the passenger side of the bonnet and A-pillar section near the guard in question more discolored than other areas.

Could Infared drying lights cause the extra yellowing if it was used to bake these panels?

Thanks in advance.

VentureShield is very pourous and is prone to attract contaminents. Chances are the environment the vehicle was stored or parked was exposed on one side versus the other side are much different.

It could also be true with white cors that if that vehicle was touched up or repainted body shop could have chosen the wrong white base coat alternate as "white" is not white in the paint world.

Good on ya Silverbullet :thumb  I have seen a white car,  stored inside a warehouse for a couple weeks,  with nothing around but people walking by it; the entire bottom edge around the car ended up with this light yellowish/brown haze in the paint.  No PPF back then.  But you could see where whatever rose up off the warehouse floor changed the paint color.  

With PPF being so porous, I would imagine this would be an even bigger issue than with just paint.  

When dust and chemicals and contaminates are kicked up and swept up around a stationary car.  All those particles settle onto the paint or PPF and embed into it.   Not real sure about the baking of it though :?  That could be an issue also in my opinion, but I'm not the one to answer that.   

Archived