Should we be selling Nano-Film as "Ceramic"??

Ceramic being the new buzzword these days, has created a lot of misinformation in the tint world.  

Hi Bham,

How true and how unfortunate.  Let's see if I can add some clarity here:

A film can contain non ceramic nano materials

A film can contain ceramic material which is not nano scale

A film can contain ceramic nano material

A film can contain some combination of the above

No wonder it's so confusing to the public (and to the trade).

If you want to keep it simple, focus on the TSER.  Remember that T stands for Total.

-Howard

:yeah I might be mistaken but, I thought it was LLumar who trademarked the term 'nano-ceramic' back in the day when ATX / CTX came to market.

IMO Not every customer is a candidate for ceramic film.

:yeah 

Can we figure out a way to market and sell film on performance alone? 

> TSER:woot2 

Hence the buyers calling asking about the clear film that blocks 97% of the heat? :facepalm2

Simply reply with a question or two, "Did you know that 97% is only 1 of 1720 wavelengths in the NIR range and one with the least intensity in terms of light energy from the sun. Did you know that NIR represents only about half the light energy responsible for producing heat, so divide the 97% in half, which equals about 46-47.5."    Make a placard for the wall so you dont have to petes (sake) and repeats.  :spit 

Guest gstuart

As the Ceramic World Turns, starring one pizzed off dude.  :spit

I getting full refund so yeah, keep ripping off customers if you wish.  I can be a douche and private message all those yelpers and tell them I got a full refund because the tint they sold us isn't ceramic, and they should request the same.  But I won't.

Archived