Should we be selling Nano-Film as "Ceramic"??

Ceramic being the new buzzword these days, has created a lot of misinformation in the AUTOMOTIVE tint world.

Should we really be selling the new nanotechnology films as quote "ceramic"??

There are all kinds of new ways to create a window film with amazing properties of heat rejection/absorption, along with durability and optical clarity. Not all of these films that perform in this way are actually a ceramic. While there are ceramics involved and the properties of ceramics help make these new films perform well; the word "ceramic" has kinda gotten out of hand. IMO Not every customer is a candidate for ceramic film. :twocents

My question is: Is there another way we can market these high performing films without using the term ceramic?

Can we figure out a way to market and sell film on performance alone? Or at least figure out a new terminology that doesn't create so much confusion among the general public.

The problem I see: Sellers are uneducated on their products and mislead the buyers by not offering the proper information about the film they are selling.

Hence the buyers calling asking about the clear film that blocks 97% of the heat? :facepalm2

The solution: I have no idea :?

I tell my customers we have 4 different tiers of tint, and the price goes up every tier. The biggest difference between my least expensive film and my most expensive film is the amount of heat they reduce.

Works for me.

Reduce or reject? I have found it to be very important on how I sell ceramic/nano ceramic films. Some customers expect a high end film to make their car a lot cooler than what a regular film can offer when their vehicle sits in the sun for a long period of time.

I tell my customers we have 4 different tiers of tint, and the price goes up every tier. The biggest difference between my least expensive film and my most expensive film is the amount of heat they reduce.

Works for me.

Good platform , but name a film that outperforms a standard silver 20 in all areas?

Works for me.

Reduce or reject? I have found it to be very important on how I sell ceramic/nano ceramic films. Some customers expect a high end film to make their car a lot cooler than what a regular film can offer when their vehicle sits in the sun for a long period of time.

Reduce. What they will feel coming through the glass when they are driving. How much more comfortable they will be, etc. Some will tell me "Oh I park my car outside all day and I want it to be not so hot when I get in it." I just tell them that it doesn't work that way, even if a film can reduce 70%+ of the heat they feel through the glass, the car will still heat up. Just not as fast.

standard silver 20 

Doesn't work in the automotive world.  Sorry.  

Oh------ I missed the category  :D Although, :lol  I've seen some silver film on cars

I didn't really specify which field. Sorry about that. :sorry

That silver 20 would work on the Lexus SUV front 2 doors though. :yep I've done it. :cool

I edited the original post to add AUTOMOTIVE. :thumb

Ceramic being the new buzzword these days, has created a lot of misinformation in the tint world.  

Hi Bham,

How true and how unfortunate.  Let's see if I can add some clarity here:

A film can contain non ceramic nano materials

A film can contain ceramic material which is not nano scale

A film can contain ceramic nano material

A film can contain some combination of the above

No wonder it's so confusing to the public (and to the trade).

If you want to keep it simple, focus on the TSER.  Remember that T stands for Total.

-Howard

Archived