Perferated Film Installation

Gotta charge for the BS factor. Taking the time to sort out the "puzzle" pieces is much different than just yanking film outta the box and slapping it up. Actual thinking is needed!!

I've done projects that were supplied in no particular order in 3 boxes  that took 2 hours to find and confirm all the parts made the trip. Was very glad they supplied a good elevation drawing!

Yes you do need to confirm the parts all exist before you start.

Then there is being 200% sure the pieces line up .

Perf is also supposed to be a dry install. If you are used to wet install and have no patience you are gonna wanna stab someone with a dull Olfa.

Its paper liner. I peel back about 6-10" from the top edge  confirm level and plumb then lock it down .

With one hand pull the liner down a foot or so and with the other lock down the film as you go.

I was taught to keep the front edge of the lock down in a "smile" shape and you can keep smiling.

If it gets locked down in a "frown" you will frown. Then have to futz around trying to get the bunched up film to sit down and shut up.

The IJ8171 PDF at the link has some good info. Pay particular attention to the gap needed at the frames. As rubber gaskets oxidize they can cause issues .By applying 8914 edge seal tape it will help the clients graphic last longer by reducing the chance of lifting at the edge.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=install+3m+perforated+graphics&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs&gfe_rd=cr&ei=ZzPaVY2GKcKC8QfVir_gBQ&gws_rd=ssl

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Graphics/3Mgraphics/Resources/eNewsletter/Archive/?PC_Z7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20KBP7000000_assetId=1319211387141

Definitely some good info. Thanks.

Archived