Back Glass on a 95 and Impala SS.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the trick is understanding the reverse curve.  you dont stretcht the wet line or the pouches go sideways.  if you dont heat them enough they get tight in the corners.

if you could shrink the top, take the window out and flip it upside down,  you would shrink the bottom normal.  no stretching or modifying the slip,  quick shrink and lay it once you understand how to shrink the pouch. 

The old T-Bird was similar tricky rear glass bottom,,I did them 2 piece alot,,then got sick of that and got bigger rolls and one piece them,,the rear deck removed on them makes it sorta easy and no bottom shrink for me

But I creased a few of them reverse curves bottoms til I wasn't afraid to squeege very hard and good pattern/wipe the water solution from edge,,pull the roll flat(film not sitting flat) from bottom corners and squeege hard and wipe?

Pressure sensitive glue is good and hard cards

Those creases don't iron out very good either most of the time

I'd just like to add that while you got the rear deck out, go ahead and pull the panels around the rear quarter glass. ESPECIALLY on a Cutlass where that panel is covered in felt. I charge a chunk for those cars because the rear seat, rear deck, rear side panels and all four door panels come off. Turns into a 3-3.5 hour car. That's just the way I do them, though. By no means is the only way to do it. :)

thunderbirds, berrettas and the century/regals all have some reverse curve.  the impalas have a little but not much.  used to stretch them but had a few start to fall off 10 15 min after i did them. t-birds and bereettas used to have to shove a towel in to hold it down for a while to it tacked. that vid i made is 8 or ten years old.  the harder ones i powder first,  then wet check it to make sure i have it right before sticking it.  hard to double dry on the backwards curve

the trick is understanding the reverse curve. you dont stretcht the wet line or the pouches go sideways. if you dont heat them enough they get tight in the corners.

if you could shrink the top, take the window out and flip it upside down, you would shrink the bottom normal. no stretching or modifying the slip, quick shrink and lay it once you understand how to shrink the pouch.

Ya i noticed u didnt stretch it in the vid. Mayb thats what i had goin on on the pass side mighta been a little tight.

Archived