Ppf kits or bulk

I'm new to ppf and have under 10 cars under my belt. And I purchase kits in which they work pretty well. Do you veteran ppf installers recommend I stick with kits or just buy a roll off ppf and install that way.

Your best bet to become a reputable ppf shop is to be able to install both ways effectively.  I'd recommend starting to learn with precut kits to speed up the learning curve, then practice bulk installs once you are comfortable with kits.

Either way, a reputable training class is a must if you want to be able command respectable price points within the first few years of getting into ppf.  If you invest in the time, film, and kits to do things the right way, you will enjoy long term success!

Bear in mind the churn rate in ppf is very high

Don't believe anyone who tells you that you will be successful right out the traps

Start by building your brand not anyone else's

Training will definitely help however the real world is different from the classroom.

It's likely you may never see the training pieces used come into your shop for months if ever.

You need to get to the point where you can work out the approach when looking at the car for the first time.

In some markets consumers are terrified of bulk work due to a lot of paint damage historically, find an independent pattern program you can trust and gap fill from the film manufacturers database.

This is a very rewarding business but it has its risks and far more have failed than succeeded, become known for quality and service and you can be very successful.

Archived