Compustar Alarm

Guest conv90rs

Guest conv90rs
Originally posted by wndotint

If you need my help, let me know and I'll email you my phone #, or send me yours.

Man, that's pretty rightous of you. I will email you with my number when it comes time to try it again.

The car is a 90 camaro like mine, except his has T-tops. Most of the basic connections were in the ignition, the lock/unlock were in the Kick panel ( (-) connections), Sensing was from the pin of driver side door (preliminary connection eventually would include passenger door) and the hood and trunk via light output.

Anyway I'm rambling. Thanks again.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from what I can tell you have a passion for this stuff. that's good. keep on keepin on. I've been doing it only since '93 but I also have learned from hard knocks school.. the best way for you to get some experience is through an apprenticeship, or maybe get a job at a local shop... they probably won't pay you much to start but you'll learn volumes.. I am also NOT MECP certified.. don't let a cert. fool you. it's just a piece of paper that says you have certain book smarts. doing 12 volt requires ALOT of car smarts and repetition. wndo could tell you where the wires are in that car and what color, polarity even related to the radio if need be. he's probably done hundreds of those cars, or cars like them.. (other GM vehicles resemble those cars, a beretta is one that 'electrically' resembles the camaro) and like with anything a person wants to learn, repetition builds knowledge. best buy will send you to get a mecp cert. if you want, they'll probably even hire someone with little to no experience. you could try them out, but remember, connectors fail :rollin ok, I'm rambling now. sorry I couldnt help with this alarm problem. take care. :lol6

Guest Krusher

Hello,

I will be installing this alarm with a friend (who is MECP certified) this Saturday in a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. I trust him very much as a general installer but he doesn't have experience with Compustar alarms. The more I read on-line about it the more nervous I am becoming. I would be interested to hear how things turn out for you.

Is there any place I can get more information on the programming?

Thanks!

once again, www.compustar.org has the install manual available for downloading and/or printing. It contains all programmable features. If you are confident in your buddy's abilities then you should be fine. This is just like any other alarm/remote start out there. They are all the same except for very minor things, like available options, programmable options, etc. I've only had 2 or 3 compustars NOT work properly out of hundreds and hundreds. I've used them for over 6 years. The biggest problem I've had with them is the doorlock outputs stop working in several, so I sent them back and they fixed them, no problem.

Guest XQUIZIT

My shop just started using the compustar alarms. I heard about the doorlock problems from one of my new installers. When installation is concerened I think the Compustar takes some getting used to the first couple of times, you'll then breeze through the install. Get the programmer it saves time.

I have to give a plug to my new favorite piece to install. The parent company is called AstroFlex, and they make the AstroStart. Let me just say that it puts the Compu* to shame. It is insanely flexible, unbelievably dependable, and truly bulletproof. I've installed probably 200 since November of last year and NOT ONE has come back with a problem. Proramming the options is easier than setting the time on an analog clock. :rollin

Guest thiswire
Hello,

I will be installing this alarm with a friend (who is MECP certified) this Saturday in a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder.  I trust him very much as a general installer but he doesn't have experience with Compustar alarms.  The more I read on-line about it the more nervous I am becoming.  I would be interested to hear how things turn out for you.

Is there any place I can get more information on the programming?

Thanks!

the only suckie thing about compustar is that it doesnt come w/ preprogrammed remote, but other than that its the best....period!!!!

try read the manual carefully and turn on and off the key really fast. or you can manually jumping the green wire (I think its the one goes to the ignition) to a +12volt to act like turn the key.

Since this was your first post, I'll take it easy on you.

If the unpreprogrammed remote was the only "suckie" thing about Compustar, I'd still be using them. How about the fact that the door lock outputs quit, or the brains won't go into programming, or maybe the fact that the wire harness with the tach and brake wire is the ONLY plug that does not LOCK into the brain?

Guest kel789
I have a 97 maxima and trying to instatll compustar 2wfm. I have a starter and a 2nd starter

do I connect both starter wires to CN1 on Pin #6 relay yellow

where do I connect these wires to? thanks.

Connector #5:

Pin #1: Orange- This is the Rearm wire. It provides you with a (-) pulse

when armed, after remote start and then again one second after remote start shuts down.

Pin #2: Orange/White- This is the Disarm wire. It provides you with a (-) pulse when disarmed and before remote start.

thanks.

Archived