Compustar Alarm

Guest conv90rs

are you quoting yourself? If you have 2 starter wires, I just treat them as 1 wire. Cut both, put key side of both together and the car side of both together. As for the orange and orange/white, your car arms and disarms the factory alarm with lock and unlock. You may have to connect the orange/white to the unlock wire to disarm the factory alarm before the remote start sequence, and then take the orange to the lock wire. What will happen then is, when you remote start the system, it will pulse the orange/white to disarm factory alarm, which will unlock the doors, start the car, then pulse the orange to lock the doors.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kel789

it appears that we do not have an edit function. I made a mistake on the quote function. in result it did not come out the way I want it.

since I do not have an OEM alarm and presently have an aftermarket basic alarm. can I ignore these wires? thanks.

Guest kel789

sorry, I did not make myself clear. I currently have a Clifford basic alarm and would like to replace it with Compustar 2wfm.

for the sake of knowledge for me, I would like to know why connecting 2 different wires together in to one starter wire since nissan maxima has 2 different starter wires. will it cause problems? are those 2 wires meant to be separate?

thanks.

the second starter wire is for more fuel delivery when cold. It does not hurt anything to hook them together. If you are worried about it, make 2 relays to control the starter wires to keep them separated, but function at the same time. Just do away with the prewired relay on the starter wire. It functions as a starter disable when armed.

Guest kel789

While I was trying to remove the old basic alarm, I see the 2nd starter wire was not cut and the accessory wire was not tapped for the old Clifford alarm. Do you know why? What will or will not happen if I do you same?

While I was trying to remove the old basic alarm, I see the 2nd starter wire was not cut and the accessory wire was not tapped for the old Clifford alarm. Do you know why? What will or will not happen if I do you same?

The second starter wire only feeds extra fuel. But since most remote starts only have 1 starter output, I join both starter wires together. You could make 2 relays and have the starter output from the RS control both relays and turn them into starter signals. As far as the tach, just cut the tape and test for it or go out under the hood to a fuel injector.

Archived