Top shrink been workin nice

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup plus having more than One technique In ur tool box is always a plus. so far in my 7 months I can shrink the bottom, double snap, snap the top, pull panels, dryer sheet, baby powder reverse roll and Frankie and can do it all well. Started with shrinkin the bottom and double snappin,then started pullin seals and usin dryer sheets. At the moment I curl the top and use baby powder and Frankie method. Went from 5, 6 hours a car in my early months to about 2.5 right now with great quality so I am happy where I am at at the moment. Whatever way works best and I can at least say I've tried them all so far. ????????

Shady told me that tinting is an evolutionary process and always changing and doing things different to make yourself better and I already tint completely different than when I first started.

I shrink the vette doors just enough before cutting pattern,,I will finish shrinking the little bit on the inside if with no issue

I only clean the window once(all the way down) before sliding it in after peeling the whole liner,,not a vette door pic,,but still use those things

No rules,,they are made to be broken,,most are 5-10min door glass

post-40089-0-27685200-1447773421_thumb.j

Dootint idk what I'm doing wrong but just about every time I try to peel the entire sheet I wind up with creases. They are usually somewhere in the middle of the window. I believe it is coming from trying to push the film together to get them edge to tick behind the gasket. Any help with this?

so I have never seen a finger in a window,  just in the film.  so why do we shrink fingers?

negative offset gaskets on cars ( inner gasket higher then outer)  ya ever have little fingers on these you can see from the outside but the gasket keeps them from spreading up so it looks perfect on the inside?

by shrinking, snapping the top you will have to stretch the bottom out.  who'd ever thunk physics, geometry, gravity and electricity would be a part of tinting.

some films shrinking to the edge will make a dimple,  get a different film

some films curling or shrinking cause the edge not to stick tight,  get a different film

what happens under the gasket when you install? ya dont know till ya do it backwards.  with the right film you will never have to go under the inner gasket except to hide a light gap

window stickers never peel,  why does film?

the question is always why!!!

why do you tint the way you do?

why do I have dirt in my window?

why do I get fingers?

when you begin to ask yourself the questions, then you know to look for an answer.   If you don't know, what you don't know, then how can you possibly know?

why do i shrink a BG to the outside of the window perfectly?  the inside curve is smaller and tighter then the outside.   overshrink the BG and you get a finger free install.

I have heard people here say when they wetcheck the BG they tend to crease it.  why?  if it was shrunk to fit it should be easy to wetcheck, right?

kinda why I stick to baby powder, blow torch and double dry

Dootint idk what I'm doing wrong but just about every time I try to peel the entire sheet I wind up with creases. They are usually somewhere in the middle of the window. I believe it is coming from trying to push the film together to get them edge to tick behind the gasket. Any help with this?

Handling the film smoothly to sneek it in(bottom and sides) takes some practice and patience,,stuff with loose seals and or frameless windows is good to start learning to use them

I use the bottom of my palms to push the gasket shields down to pull them out to get the film in there,,VW,Audi,Mercades and BMW are very tight but the newer ones are abit better,,but take more time and technique,,darn German cars built like a tank

Maybe I can have somebody vid what I doo,,I don't even know,,lol

Yup plus having more than One technique In ur tool box is always a plus. so far in my 7 months I can shrink the bottom, double snap, snap the top, pull panels, dryer sheet, baby powder reverse roll and Frankie and can do it all well. Started with shrinkin the bottom and double snappin,then started pullin seals and usin dryer sheets. At the moment I curl the top and use baby powder and Frankie method. Went from 5, 6 hours a car in my early months to about 2.5 right now with great quality so I am happy where I am at at the moment. Whatever way works best and I can at least say I've tried them all so far.

Shady told me that tinting is an evolutionary process and always changing and doing things different to make yourself better and I already tint completely different than when I first started.

Crap, I feel the same way only 8 months in...lol

so I have never seen a finger in a window,  just in the film.  so why do we shrink fingers?

negative offset gaskets on cars ( inner gasket higher then outer)  ya ever have little fingers on these you can see from the outside but the gasket keeps them from spreading up so it looks perfect on the inside?

by shrinking, snapping the top you will have to stretch the bottom out.  who'd ever thunk physics, geometry, gravity and electricity would be a part of tinting.

some films shrinking to the edge will make a dimple,  get a different film

some films curling or shrinking cause the edge not to stick tight,  get a different film

what happens under the gasket when you install? ya dont know till ya do it backwards.  with the right film you will never have to go under the inner gasket except to hide a light gap

window stickers never peel,  why does film?

the question is always why!!!

why do you tint the way you do?

why do I have dirt in my window?

why do I get fingers?

when you begin to ask yourself the questions, then you know to look for an answer.   If you don't know, what you don't know, then how can you possibly know?

why do i shrink a BG to the outside of the window perfectly?  the inside curve is smaller and tighter then the outside.   overshrink the BG and you get a finger free install.

I have heard people here say when they wetcheck the BG they tend to crease it.  why?  if it was shrunk to fit it should be easy to wetcheck, right?

kinda why I stick to baby powder, blow torch and double dry

Well, I like the top shrink.  I must be using the right film cuz I don't have any issues with my lines at the top.  Didn't even think about it til now.  but I use SolarFx Hybrid and Rayno Ceramic.  Both seem fine in all that I have done.  I just like the continuity of the top shrink with the cut.  No readjustment/placement of film etc.  Just seems to flow.  If all goes well I am under a 2.5 hour install at 8 months self taught experience.  So I am happy with it.  I still have some fine tuning to do as I will for a bit I feel, but every time I do a car I can tell I have caught on and improved to some degree on some step of the process......would love to be able to take some time and do some work with you to get a hands on experience and visualization of what you are looking at with the film, especially on b/g and reverse curves.

Archived