Shop lighting recommendations for installing PPF

What are you guys using/doing to light your work space. I've tried LED, Flourescent, and incandescent lights. ( tried different temp. on the Kelvin scale ) I have some mounted on the ceiling as well as a LED light on an adjustable stand for fenders and bumpers. I'm still having some issues seeing. I'm trying to duplicate the way I would see if I was installing outside. I would install all my samples in my work space thinking I was doing a good job, then I would take it outside and see things I didn't see inside, like the single hair or a piece of fuzz or lint.

Lighting for good view of installed film indoor has to be in excess of 800 lumens at 4' (possibly as high as 1800-2000). Standard commercial office space targets 400 lumens. Daylight fluorescent or LED shop light set ups works best overhead, at each end and along the sides. You may not have enough fixtures illuminating the work area.

I can tell you the LED's I am using show all sorts of stuff you will never see once the car pulls out of the shop. We do detail under these as well. High end paint correction, PPF, tinting, these are the lights to get. Love he proximity sensors they have as we don't even uses the switches and have them set to dim 10mins with no motion. Walk into he dark shop and they all start kicking on and are at full strength instantly ;)

I can tell you the LED's I am using show all sorts of stuff you will never see once the car pulls out of the shop. We do detail under these as well. High end paint correction, PPF, tinting, these are the lights to get. Love he proximity sensors they have as we don't even uses the switches and have them set to dim 10mins with no motion. Walk into he dark shop and they all start kicking on and are at full strength instantly ;)

Would you be kind enough to let me know the make, model number, and how many you are using ?

Thanks

Would you be kind enough to let me know the make, model number, and how many you are using ?

Thanks

http://www.warehouse-lighting.com/store/p/11641-High-Bay-300-Watt-LED.aspx

I have 4 of these down one side of my shop, about 1700sq ft. We pull our cars in under this side of the shop when work is performed. I could probably light the entire shop with just these 4 but I like over kill so instead of positioning them around the shop I will be doing another row down other side of the shop. Then start adding some wall lighting form Big Ass lighting to fill in any dark areas from the vehicles themselves blocking light.

Thanks

http://www.warehouse-lighting.com/store/p/11641-High-Bay-300-Watt-LED.aspx

I have 4 of these down one side of my shop, about 1700sq ft. We pull our cars in under this side of the shop when work is performed. I could probably light the entire shop with just these 4 but I like over kill so instead of positioning them around the shop I will be doing another row down other side of the shop. Then start adding some wall lighting form Big Ass lighting to fill in any dark areas from the vehicles themselves blocking light.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Archived