cover for dash and rear deck to protect from water

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it common for reputable tint installers to use a towel/fabric/etc to soak up a lot of the water?

I got tint installed recently on my car and it doesn't look like they used anything.  I'm going back to have them redo some of the windows (hair/debris) so should I ask them to use something to soak up the water this time?

Hi Steve87. I always cover the dash with something that is somewhat absorbent, not plastic, because of the runoff from plastic. A fabric drop cloth works great. As for the doors, I don't cover them but I do wipe them dry with a microfiber. All shops do these things different. Some cover rear decks, some don't. I hope that ALL dry after install.

Good luck. :beer

Well you said it didn't look like they used anything. Maybe I miss read that and you were saying it didn't look like they cleaned behind themselves. If it's plastic they will probably not cover it. Just my guess I wouldn't. Just more risk for contamination. Some sort of soap or other additive is going to be used yes. You may possibly have sombre streaks on the plastic afterwards this is just from that drying during install. It will go away in a day or less in most cases. As far as washing your car, a clean car is what most of us want. That doesn't mean it has to roll off the showroom floor clean. It means don't take it out mudding the night before. The way your car looked in the picture I'm sure it's fine.

Archived