Recommendations please.

Hi all,

I've been lurking around for the past week or so, trying to decide which tint to use on my Wife's new Outback. It was so much easier before I found this forum, " just give me the darkest legal thanks".

Anyway, I've narrowed it down to Formula One Pinnacle, Llumar Ctx, or Ultragard fusion.

Can anyone recommend a good tinter around the Liverpool/Parramatta area that uses either of these films? Or alternatively any other films I should consider? I'm after a matt black coloured film with high heat and solar rejection.

Thanks

Hey buddy, Im in the same boat as yours. 

I been searching the web and received a couple of quotes already, they range from 200 to 700AUD. 

Im in for a ceramic tint as I understand this are the ones that block most of the IR heat, having said that a lot of them have a tendency of being really mirror like. 

It appears that there is one great film from Huper Optik but dont know if any respectable tinters use it here in Syd. 

Any advise would be great!! :D

Ultragard Fusion38

post-33227-0-12198000-1455534688_thumb.j

post-33227-0-47275200-1455534794_thumb.j

3M Crystalline40

post-33227-0-95214900-1455534940_thumb.j

post-33227-0-27484200-1455534996_thumb.j

The Matte Black film you want you can't go past

3M CS35 Black

post-33227-0-01830100-1455535114_thumb.j

post-33227-0-42627800-1455535172_thumb.j

post-33227-0-76912000-1455535226_thumb.j

Or LLumar JB35

post-33227-0-82025900-1455535331_thumb.j

post-33227-0-45438900-1455535386_thumb.j

Formula One is exclusive to TintACar

As is CTX which they call Ceramatrix. From the sample I have of it it looks very similar to JB

Google the Independant tinting Network. Many contacts on there.

Good luck!

Thanks GTint.

Crystalline looks quite dark in those pics. I assumed it would be a lighter colour. I might have to add that to the contenders.

CS35 looks very dark in the 2nd and 3rd pics. Is that definitely 35? Unfortunately CS35's performance doesn't compare with ceramics.

What's Llumar Jb? I can only find ATC,ATR,CTX.

I filled out the contact form at ITN last week, but only got one reply. Also the Tint a car I spoke with didn't have a clue.

Thanks GTint.

Crystalline looks quite dark in those pics. I assumed it would be a lighter colour. I might have to add that to the contenders.

CS35 looks very dark in the 2nd and 3rd pics. Is that definitely 35? Unfortunately CS35's performance doesn't compare with ceramics.

What's Llumar Jb? I can only find ATC,ATR,CTX.

I filled out the contact form at ITN last week, but only got one reply. Also the Tint a car I spoke with didn't have a clue.

G'day Doink.

3M CS is 100% a 35 in those pics. Once applied to you glass would bring it at around the 30% VLT.

Yes not the highest in TSER but 40% makes a huge difference to clear glass.

It's aesthetics does look nice and black though.

I've never had one complaint with this film.

Crystalline is a 39% VLT. Very unique colour to it in different angles.

Expensive also.

JB is a LLUMAR ATR film. TintACar Octane I think?

Metalized, dyed hybrid film.

Ive been using it for years and you don't notice any colour change for about 4 odd years. Very slight at that.

You wouldn't be able to pick it.

They say TSER is 56% with this one.

CTX is new to Aust. Not every TintACar carries it because of the price tag.

Google their site and you will see Ceramatrix listed.

Do yourself a favour and call Mick at visiontinting.com.au in Richmond!!!!! Make the trip. It's worth it.

He carries all the Ultragard products.

They are top of the line especially the Fusion Ceramic.

It really is a nice film.

He's the best I can say in all of Sydney and will only be honest and give you the best job possible.

Cheers.

P.S. Pictures usually make films look darker than in real life.

GTint's advice is spot on as usual. IT's a pity you are not in Melbourne or GTint himself could give you the great install you are looking for.

Sydney has always been a tough market place dominated by hacks (even in large franchise organisations). The best rise to the top and are highly sort after.

Mike at Vision Tinting in Richmond is one of the very best in the industry. As GTint says, make the trip to see him...it's worth it.

Is it fair to say that fusion has a green tinge to it? Whereas Pinnacle is grey and Ctx more of a black?

Visiontinting is at the top of my list after seeing his named mentioned around here a bit. Has Mike and GTS ever been seen in the same room together?

Is it fair to say that fusion has a green tinge to it? Whereas Pinnacle is grey and Ctx more of a black?

Visiontinting is at the top of my list after seeing his named mentioned around here a bit. Has Mike and GTS ever been seen in the same room together?

"One in the same"

Didn't know it was a secret???  :thumb

Archived