Quick question..... cleaning tinted windows

Guest A20A3

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint

I can be just as bad... cleaning car windows is not real high on my priority list.

I just retint them when they need cleaning... :hmmm

Kinda like the guy who trades in a car when the oil needs changing. :lol:lol

I agree with OT on the adhesive failure thing... I have only seen it happen a couple of times. In the case of dyed film though, I think it purples a lot faster when using ammonia-based cleaner.

The back window of our crappy tow-truck was tinted with dyed film when I first started 15 years ago. That thing never gets cleaned, and is less purple than some jobs I've seen out there.

Guest Litespeeds

Stoner's Invisible Glass is a good product to use on glass as well as tinted glass. You can pick this product up at your favorite discount chain which starts with a W and ends with a T.

I use whats in my cleaning bottle... Joy soap and water :lol6

Hey Gus doesn't that hurt when it gets in your eyes? I remember squeegeeing out back windows and getting a drop of that in my eyes. Damn that hurt. Not we use Johnson?s baby shampoo. No more tears!! :thumb

Guest tintslut
Stoner's Invisible Glass is a good product to use on glass as well as tinted glass.  You can pick this product up at your favorite discount chain which starts with a W and ends with a T.

what he said, Bj's wholesale has 3 cabs for 8.99

Just to be safe, I never ok any type of glass cleaner to any of my customers. Just a wet paper towel followed by a dry one, and a couple of drops of dish-soap on the wet one if necessary. I do not need to any warranty work due to a bad cleaner suggestion.

Guest Guest_metint_*

Well... LLumar must be the only film maker that is now and has been saying its okay to use windex, glass plus, etc. type products (standard household glass cleaners) and no one seems to know it.

Funny how an entire industry can get stuck in the ways of days gone by. :)

I really don't see the point in using a glass cleaner anyway. The film is basically like a plastic layer on the glass. If I go to clean any plastic components on a car, or in my house or shop, I don't grab a glass cleaner. I tell my customers... it doesn't streak like glass, it's basically a plastic film, there is no need to use a fast drying, non-streaking glass cleaner.

Archived