How do I prepeare the surface for wrapping? (car bonnet) FAIL :(

Hello! i`m NEW in here and i wanna ask some questions about surface preparation..i have wrap my bonnet second time and i have same issues.... :( gonna wrap third time, and really want to do it good!
My cars (Fiat Stilo) bonnet have { bend - curving`s } and after some time in those places wrap starting came off..and i have clean those places second time really good but still after some time same problem..DSC_1589.jpg

Hey! There's no right way of cleaning. Cleanings cleaning. Yes you should use alcohol cleaning based products but you don't have to. Water is good enough. Sounds like your using low quality vinyl? And try heating the area where it's lifting to around 70-10c degree.

Vinyl wrapping bonnet www.nfscustoms.com

Use a claybar and don't forget to use primer on the edges.

If you do not know to what I am referring please take your project to a pro.

hi, thanks but edges for me are fine, Claybar i know that thing but never hear about using him before wrap...

Hey! There's no right way of cleaning. Cleanings cleaning. Yes you should use alcohol cleaning based products but you don't have to. Water is good enough. Sounds like your using low quality vinyl? And try heating the area where it's lifting to around 70-10c degree.

Vinyl wrapping bonnet www.nfscustoms.com

Vinyl from good company, they wrapping cars. I`m was cleaning whit white spirit and clean it whit paper towel.. Also heating that place and not using any tension on wrap from middle to edges..sand those places???

White Spirit!? Don't ever use that on a car especially just before vinyl wrapping. It's an oil based product. The panel is meant to be oil free! What brand is the vinyl? You don't need to sand anything. If you sand vinyl doesn't stick as much as it could. 

Clean the car with normal water and liquid. Wrap as usual. Heat the recess to 100 degree. Job done. If you want to be extra safe. Feed the vinyl in the recess to avoid any lift. To be even more safe use 3m primer sealer on the recess area. If it's decent vinyl. There is no way that's going to lift if you do what I just said.

When I clean panels I start with Meguires quick detail spray and microfiber cloth. This gets any big stuff off. Then I use a clay cloth or a chemical called take-off which is a wax, tar and grease remover. Then spray with Rapid prep, let sit for 60 seconds and clean off with paper towel. Seems to work very well with no adhesion issues

Archived