vvivid vinyl review

i am pretty new to this wrapping business and had a bad experience with vvivid. i am posting this so that hopefully some other people dont' make same mistake that i did.

i bought vvivid black matte, gloss, carbon 4d whole rolls 

from the right hexis avery vvivid

bottom pic is detail shot of the vvivid carbon

in my opinion the outlook of vvivid carbon is the best. it looks 3d shape and has got glossy look and depth as well.

gloss and matte are similar with others. 

post-41465-0-09062900-1469150869_thumb.jpgpost-41465-0-81707200-1469150885_thumb.jpg

the problem is the installation. the initial tack is way too harsh so that i can't make glass.

i need one more person to hold the vinyl tight and slowly squeeze it down. otherwise bubbles will be everywhere.

and as it has very strong adhesive, temporarily hinge is meaningless. when i lay out the vinyl on the hood or roof. i make temporarily hinge each corner but the adhesive in the middle part is too strong i ended up lifting vinyl in the corner.

if i lift up the vinyl a little bit to get the bubble out, the area around the bubble has already attached on the surface so hard even though i didn't tack it down, i end up stretching the vinyl in the bubble area 

takes me more than 2 hours for the first job. later went down to 1:30

when i called the distributor he said the vvivid is in conjunction of 3m. it is manufactured from same factory in germany but they put different adhesive on the back.

now i am thinking why the hell would they put stronger adhesive for? doesn't make sense to me.

also vinyl is quite thick and it doesn't stretch much. you have to pull it as hard as you can. lots of stress will follow.

I did a roof with that film and it is very thick. I did have a helper holding and pulling. I think that is key. Someone stretching while you are working the squeegee. I like the sticky adhesive. Holds to the vehicle better after install. Very nice for super curved parts like door handles. I don't think this film is for much more than a mild curved surfaces like a hood or roof. Good luck

Archived