Where to get patterns?

upperkirby - Thanks for the encouragement. :) I will post pictures when I'm done. Just tried on headlights and gas cover. You wouldn't believe my work.  Just that you commented on getting done through pro installer... I am not trying to save money here. May be slightly because I've to do for another car. It all adds up... I did pay a small business guy to get the kits instead of buying bulk and cutting them myself. And I purchased directly from the small business guy instead of ebay saving him 10% ebay cut. 

The problem with trying to do this yourself DYI is this stuff is time sensitive. Without the experience and speed you will not know what has to be dealt with immediately and what does not. Not knowing these things you will have marks up, down, sideways, basically all over the film. It will not be worthy to leave on the panel. Add in cutting skills, stretching, tack pattern, etc I would think its safe to assume you just added $600 cost to what ever some professional is going to charge you to do it right.

I get the whole DYI thing as I was always one that did it on my own but this is just not one of those things your not going to get right first try to the 20th try. I have guys that can tint, wrap, and even do some PPF but they are in no way ready to do a full front on their own. These guys have many years of experience in similar crafts.

Good luck, your going to need it! I can still recall the first one I did and all the cursing that took place  :lol

Archived