hi everyone! extreme newb at tinting, please help

Guest Autoworks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprinter

welcome to the site, and if any tinter came to a detail site and said they're going to go buy a high speed buffer and buff their car and become a detailer you would jump in and tell it like it is, right! right were here to help you and the general public but mostly were here to help each other with what they want and need to know about tinting.

some questions we don't awnser and others will get a page full of replies.

I would say hire a tinter and go from there and have him teach you the basics and before to long maybe 2 years you'll be able to tint with out any help.

I used to be a mobile detailer and added tinting now all I do is tinting, so there is hope!

Guest BCCwintint
:lol I don't see any arguments posted...I see some assuming and maybe a little bit of hostility but no arguments.  Calm down dude, were trying to help with honest answers, you can't just jump into the tint field and expect badass results, its not as easy as the general public believes it is.  any seasoned pro will tell you that you aren't going to get good at it for a while, look forward to wasting lots and lots of film then if you have decided to keep going after spending 1000's of dollars on film be prepared to deal with the most irrational shiat eating customers known to man, they are worse than some crack addicts.  You'll be pulling your hair out while trying to run your other business...but what do I know, I've only been doin this for a year or so

Autoworks, skittles15 is right, my friend! You can't expect to be a master tinter for quite a while. I've been at it since Dec. 2002, and I am by no means a master yet, but getting better. My film supplier does tinting classes for a fee, that's how I learned. But you won't leave the class a pro by any means. You have to learn by doing. It takes a long time and lots of wasted film, like s15 said. That's exactly what I've had to experience, too. There are thousands of different car windows, some more difficult than others. But you can get lots of good advice here if you're serious about tinting. My advice is to have a seasoned pro show you how to tint, and develop your skills from there. But, expect it to take at least 18 months.

Good Luck!!! :eyebrows

Guest Autoworks

ok #1 don't ask this question. #2 browse the main site, that has a wealth of knowledge that basically taught me how to tint. #3 If you are looking to significantly increase profits I don't know if tinting, for you since you haven't done it before, would give you much of a benefit. Try hiring a tinter. That would work out for the best. BTW you aren't going to pick up very much at all during the winter. thats our slow season too

yeah I definately understand that I can't become a decent tinter overnight. but the vibe that I got from skittles was to just hire a tinter and screw trying to learn how to tint.... but it's all good now. :popcorn

yeah I was actually thinking of hiring a tinter for a few cars so he could show me.

I guess I'll have to hire a tinter for longer than I thought though :lol6

Archived