Matching Factory Rear

Llumar is a no go as another shop in town is a dealer already. I tried the QDP today but it had the same result in out heat box test. Trying to not go ceramic because then we would have to increase prices and the auto dealers wouldn't be happy.which I guess I should have mentioned earlier....the whole reason the question came up at the shop today is because I built a heat box to test all our films and didn't realize how poorly dyed films reject heat compared to metallic and ceramic films. When we do dealer work they don't care about heat or anything else other than making them match the color of factory privacy glass and cost. But I would like to be able to provide more heat rejection with a metallic film but still matching the privacy glass.....if that makes sense

The problem is you will need a Ceramic or IR film to perform well with the heat box.  Even an HP film is not super noticeable on it.  Our Llumar display has ATC (dyed), ATR (hp), and CTX (ceramic) and the difference between ATC and ATR is barely noticeable.  The heat box basically does not represent real world.

Years ago we had a few guys on the board, Vclimber, God rest his soul, and Darkdan.

They were proponents of good science and took exception to Wow Boxes and narrow band meters.

I've yet to see a test come close to real world.

If your driving 60mph, the wind dissipates the absorbed heat from the glass.

With that scenario, is there a nickels worth of difference in anyone's film?

Quality and longevity withstanding!

Years ago we had a few guys on the board, Vclimber, God rest his soul, and Darkdan.

They were proponents of good science and took exception to Wow Boxes and narrow band meters.

I've yet to see a test come close to real world.

If your driving 60mph, the wind dissipates the absorbed heat from the glass.

With that scenario, is there a nickels worth of difference in anyone's film?

Quality and longevity withstanding!

:thumb  :lol

Archived