SOLAR FX which line do you prefer?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently partially switched to SOLAR FX as well but so far have only switched out one of my lines of films. I'm using their Vintage Series (which they say is their best seller) as my entry level film. Once my inventory depletes I plan on ordering other lines of their film. I sampled Ultra and was pleased with it but keep in mind that its a charcoal film. The Vintage was also great as well. I just have to get used to using a different film. Was thinking of doing Vintage, Ultra or Carbon, Hybrid FX and perhaps FXtreme. Still deciding though.

How did you like the charcoal color? I believe we will be offering their classic as well for the "price shoppers". And then the FXtreme for the very high end cars etc.

The charcoal color was nice (wish I had samples), but to be honest I can't really really tell a huge difference between the two. My personal preference is black films but I have installed charcoal and black films for many years and no customer has ever questioned any color difference. I have also been told though that charcoal films match better to most of the factory films on todays newer vehicles. But again, with that I haven't noticed much of a difference or issue.

I thought about doing the classic as well for my entry level film for price shoppers. But another forum member suggested against that because it was a 5 year warranty film. They said it might put your shops reputation on the line if you did that. I kinda agree with that.

What is your film line-up like?

Right now we have 2 linups, but at the moment we are having huge discounts to clear our inventory out( getting rid of our previous brand of tint). we just ordered a good amount of Solar Fx UltraFx. so that will be our main lineup right now. Once we use it for a while and see how we like it we will probably carry the Vintage as well, as our entry level. so in the near future we will have vintage, ultraFX, and probably carry a ceramic for the higher end cars that come in here. 

:yep

Say the film does last 5 years and the customer keeps the car. It turns purple, someone ask where it was done. They don't mention they bought the cheapest they just say where it was done.

Yep, because they are never going to say they got the cheapest film.

Hey you guys do have a great point! For some reason i didnt think of that. We have this one shop thats been getting tons of business, they have the cheapest prices ive ever heard. I dont know how theyre still in business. When i say cheap i mean CHEAP! as well as Cheap install as well, really bad jobs. BUT, there are still those people who want the best price, it kills me. They use Scorpion Tint too  :blink  on the other hand we get a lot of their customers asking us to remove their film and re tint it hahahaha :drool

And that's exactly what I would advertise. I'm pretty fortunate to where I don't have people that are stupid cheap. I do have to combat a little price shopping as well. This is what I need to work on really. Imo the cheap cheap helps you because some customers you just don't want. It's more difficult I think to combat the 10 to 20 dollar difference. They hear that and think well I'm just getting the same service at just a bit better price.

And that's exactly what I would advertise. I'm pretty fortunate to where I don't have people that are stupid cheap. I do have to combat a little price shopping as well. This is what I need to work on really. Imo the cheap cheap helps you because some customers you just don't want. It's more difficult I think to combat the 10 to 20 dollar difference. They hear that and think well I'm just getting the same service at just a bit better price.

i couldnt agree with you more! where are you located?

I don't wanna say now :embar

:lol new bern nc

I don't wanna say now :embar

:lol new bern nc

haha we are all the way down in Arkansas

Archived