Exterior VXA14

Gonna start a large exterior project. I have alot of experience. However I'm hanging 72x110 pieces. Ground level.

I feel that having 2 guys to help you pull the liner while on the ladder is easiest.

Gimme some of your techniques to get the liner off.

Glass faces east and waiting for Sun to shift. Wind is my main concern.

Your reverse roll method is...

Peel back a foot of film. Line up top edge tack a bit and slowly pull liner off?

In my experience with blackout you create a suction that pulls water off with it and ps starts to tack immediately. 

Following me?

If it were me - I'd have the piece up on the ladder. 1 guy on the ground. Let the piece unroll...  I would remove the first foot or so of the liner... bend down far enough for the helper to be able to grab the liner, and have him pull it off. 

50 minutes ago, F1windowtinting said:

Your reverse roll method is...

Peel back a foot of film. Line up top edge tack a bit and slowly pull liner off?

In my experience with blackout you create a suction that pulls water off with it and ps starts to tack immediately. 

Following me?

after I cut film and it is laid out, I spray complete liner side and then roll film up with liner inside. I tighten roll after it is rolled up as tight as I can get it with my fat finger. Go up the ladder, separate the film about a foot or two, spray and tack lightly. when it is tacked, I can let the film go and roll it down by hand. Spraying the complete liner prior to rolling, helps film stay in place when rolling down and the spraying takes the static off the liner so you are not grabbing dust and particles out of the air as you would just pulling a dry release liner. Hope this helps

cheers

forgot to mention, the liner will roll with the film and be on your inside facing you so you are not fussing with a big piece when you do it by your self

I have two handlers and they have a lot of dust lol. I either use my foldable table or I throw my painters drop cloth on the ground, pull my film out of the box, liner side up, cut it off, spray liner and roll up at that point. no creases and film is tight and carry up the ladder. I probably have some old video on computer at home, I will see what i can come up with when i get home 

14 minutes ago, drtint4211 said:

I have two handlers and they have a lot of dust lol. I either use my foldable table or I throw my painters drop cloth on the ground, pull my film out of the box, liner side up, cut it off, spray liner and roll up at that point. no creases and film is tight and carry up the ladder. I probably have some old video on computer at home, I will see what i can come up with when i get home 

Please do

Archived