17 ford F-150

So.... Had one of these trucks on my agenda to install some clear shield pro on today.... Everything was breezy until I got to the front portions around the headlights... I'm not sure if I've done anything that kicked my ass more that this... Using the plotter, the massive amounts of relief cuts were ever so slightly out of place... So I move on to attempt a bulk of the area.... Not much better. There are just so many fine cuts to make in such a small area that would not tac for shit. Finally ended up using a damn steamer the mark the fuck out of the film and finally got it to lay. Not happy at all with the install and left my head sagging at the end of the day... 

So to you PPF gods out there. Please give me some install tips for this thing. I've never had any install like this and really would appreciate feedback! 

16 hours ago, Quadrunnerjake said:

Film designs and computer cut. How would you go about bulking and what techniques do you have in your book for laying down the  pesky small intricate pieces with a bunch of relief cuts anyways?

thanks again for the help, it's much appreciated!

I'm sorry but film design PPF patterns are horrible. I use Dap patterns and they are easy brezzy. I believe the Suntek ones fit well also if I recall. 

2 hours ago, alberts316 said:

can you eliminate those cuts in the middle of the middle piece and try it that way?

The relief cuts seem to be necessary for this part... The angles are too steep to allow the film to tac... Also when just using 10% alcohol solution I feel as if I weaken/burn the adhesive if I lift and restick more than a couple times

2 hours ago, Jake said:

I'm sorry but film design PPF patterns are horrible. I use Dap patterns and they are easy brezzy. I believe the Suntek ones fit well also if I recall. 

TruCut is a great software for the money. But computer cut and film designs is all I have access to at my current shop.

Archived