Cold weather slip

I was wondering what everyone uses for cold weather slip solution for flat glass? Today I had issues with fingers showing up 12+ hours later. When I revisited today, I diddn't find any water in the fingers so I don't think its me not getting enough water out. I've considered adding alcohol and reducing the slip concentration, but i'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I have no idea how much alcohol to add. Normally I don't heat flat glass, but i heated the bottom edge and still had the odd finger that wanted to give me a hard time.

Also worth noting the windows were in poor shape. rotten caulking, and the window seals were shrunk in quite a few spots.

Anything i can do in the future to give me a better chance to reduce fingers when its chilly? It's not even that cold really, -5c.

I don't think a little alcohol in the solution is going to change results a ton but worth a shot...maybe if you have an extra sprayer with more alcohol than normal in it and lift the edges that are trouble and spray under there. 

A little alcohol may also be of benefit after a stressful day....moderation

2 hours ago, FondyTints said:

I don't think a little alcohol in the solution is going to change results a ton but worth a shot...maybe if you have an extra sprayer with more alcohol than normal in it and lift the edges that are trouble and spray under there. 

A little alcohol may also be of benefit after a stressful day....moderation

All in moderation 

Alcohol activates and drys the solution. I I️ stalled for years in the cold, a cap fill of alcohol for vehicles, no problem. A cap full for flat glass (warm the film), no problem. 

Problem with cold glass is like trying to make a piece of clear bra, or a sticker stick. Good luck, needs to be 67 degrees on a minimum. Twice the heat of freezing. Don’t know why, but over the years, this is what we found. Cold surface, nothing sticks.