Dirt and marks in film

Just wanted to check if my expectations are too high or something. 

Brand new mazda 6 tinted within first couple weeks of ownership. One window has what looks like a scratch in the tint, another peeled at the top right away. Went back multiple times for them to “work out” bubbles, adhere it where it peeled, work ok this weird streak that they say is moisture under the film. 

A month later they decide to do the one window that peeled. Now it has dirt under it which was their whole reason at avoiding redoing their job. They claim that it’s so prone to getting dirt under it that I should just deal with the apperence of bubbles. 

Ive had all my cars tinted before. Much older. One had to have been 10 years old when done. One was retinted after having been done for 10 years and the product failing when the car was about 15 years old. None of my cars came out with so many bubbles that never worked themselves out nor dirt under the film. 

I have not contacted them this last time for the dirt. They do a lot of high end work, we’re part of a car club I was in back in the day when I had time to race, etc. I don’t know what’s up with these issues I’m having right now but how do you guys think I should approach it?  

Having been back 3 times already now I know they’re getting tired of me. I don’t really want my money back because then I have to deal with getting it stripped and redone so it all matches perfectly. 

Also concerning redoing it...the back glass has bubbles in it that I’m hoping work themselves out because to get them to cover the third brake lamp up they told me they wouldn’t redo it because they don’t rake deck lids apart to do anything. Therefore that area will never be able to be cleaned of the adhesive residue if the film needs to be redone in the future. 

In a crummy situation that that I never thought I’d be in with these guys. They have always done so well and are affiliated with so many car clubs etc. just didn’t expect this and don’t really know how to deal with them. 

Do you have pictures? Its really hard to say without seeing what you've got going on. While no tint job is ever going to be perfect, it doesn't sound like your expectations are too high. Scratches, bubbles and peeling are things that need to be fixed, although after three months the scratch is a hard one to be bringing up now. A couple of specs here and there are normal but shouldn't be excessive or in a cluster. From the sound of things I think your best course of action is to take it back, have them strip the film, and get a refund seeing as you've already had it back three times.

The streak is hard to show in pictures. 

I haven’t taken a picture of the dirt from the retint on the one window that was just done Monday. The scratch was brought to their attention immediately and they checked it out to know it wasn’t me. It’s under the film, not actually a scratch but looks like one. 

Is it reasonable to expect they’d remove the film and refund me if they can’t get the job done without dirt and bubbles?  

I’ve just tried but I’m not sure how to add pictures. Too computer illiterate I guess. 

17 minutes ago, jh812 said:

Yeah that's messed up :lol

You agree or you’re being sarcastic?  

Just want to know. It’s fine if my expectations are too high, but I don’t like walking up to my brand new car and seeing a tint job that looks like my bud did for me in the parking lot. 

Is it really that difficult to keep a job clean and not get dirt trapped?  You’d think that would have happened on my old vehicles with cloth interiors way before it’d happen with my new car with leather, but maybe that’s just me